P1000m5 New guy

O

ohair5985

Mar 14, 2017
Crane Hill
I recently became interested in a Pioneer 1000 5 deluxe. Really like the set up and look of this rig, but I really would like some info from owners. Are there any problems you came across. Does the dump bed have any issues? Is the new style transmission good to go? Other than a windshield and roof what other accessories are good to get? I've read about a heat bilge pump for the engine compartment, and think that this would be good seeing that I live in Alabama and it gets really hot in the summer. I was also thinking about waiting another year or so and see if some of these bugs are worked out on the 18' models. Thanks y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Welcome..

Snorkel
Seat heat
No parking break
A few with clutch slippage

The first three are cheap easy fixes... the third is so random, i said screw it and went for it anyway. No issues or worries I can see after having it and driving it.

I'd say a winch and more lights.. oh and a full belly skid plate!!

Reactions: sharp and ohair5985
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently became interested in a Pioneer 1000 5 deluxe. Really like the set up and look of this rig, but I really would like some info from owners. Are there any problems you came across. Does the dump bed have any issues? Is the new style transmission good to go? Other than a windshield and roof what other accessories are good to get? I've read about a heat bilge pump for the engine compartment, and think that this would be good seeing that I live in Alabama and it gets really hot in the summer. I was also thinking about waiting another year or so and see if some of these bugs are worked out on the 18' models. Thanks y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you'll be happy with 1000 Honda has been working with most customers if they have had any issues.

As long as you are moving heat isn't an issue. It's when you're creeping around for long periods of time, that the seat starts to warm up. The bilge fan does help significantly in those times when you aren't moving. In 100 miles this weekend I had mine on only to push steam away from the cab so it wouldn't fog up my Windshield.

Reactions: JTW