New Member here in North Texas

DFWJ

DFWJ

Aug 27, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

Just taking a quick minute to introduce my self.

I'm a new member on the site; found the forum while researching my latest Honda purchase, a 1000-5 in Honda Red. It's actually my wife's ride, she wasn't happy on long rides with the thumb throttle on the 4 wheeler.

This ride is will join my collection of several other Honda toys. TRX 420, TRX 400, CRF 230F and my favorite: the CRF450R.

Will be taking the 1000-5 on the trails in Mena, AK in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure it will do just fine.

Hope to meet some of ya'll on the trails.

Josh

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Congratulations on the new purchase! Welcome to the club. We must have pictures from the ride!

Better be careful how much you hang out on this form, it becomes addicting and you will become best friends with the UPS man.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome @DFWJ to the forum. I too am from Texas (San Antonio) area,
Put in the back of your mind maybe some time to go to the 2017 HondaSXS takeover! I made the trip last year and had a great time and put a face to a lot of the members of this forum.
Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

DFWJ

DFWJ

Aug 27, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, guys!

Looking forward to breaking in the new toy at Wolf Pen Gap and Fourch Mountain trails next week. Probably taking my CRF230 as well, took the 450 last year and really didn't have any where to rip on it. I think the 230 will be better suited for those trails

I'll try to snap some pics, it's going to be pretty stock looking for a while.

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have you been to Arbuckle?
If so is it worth me driving 6 or so hours for a long weekend?

DFWJ

DFWJ

Aug 27, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have not been to Arbuckle. Where is that?

We covered all the trails in Wolf Pen and Fourche on this trip. Put almost 400 miles on the Pioneer.

Looking at a trip to TN next year, maybe Brimstone or Royal Blue. Still have a while to plan.

Here is the only pic anyone took during the trip to Mena. This was after crossing one of the toughest trails. It was so funny when we came back to where some friends were waiting on us, some guys on 4 wheelers were there chatting with our friends. First thing they said was you'll never make it through on that 'thing'. That's funny because we just did that trail.

IMG 0335 zpsupstuj6o

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's always fun to hear those words. Challenge accepted! The Pioneer is impressive with its abilities. Glad to see your using them

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have not been to Arbuckle. Where is that?

We covered all the trails in Wolf Pen and Fourche on this trip. Put almost 400 miles on the Pioneer.

Looking at a trip to TN next year, maybe Brimstone or Royal Blue. Still have a while to plan.

Here is the only pic anyone took during the trip to Mena. This was after crossing one of the toughest trails. It was so funny when we came back to where some friends were waiting on us, some guys on 4 wheelers were there chatting with our friends. First thing they said was you'll never make it through on that 'thing'. That's funny because we just did that trail.

View attachment 23027
Arbukle is in southern Oklahoma, have never been there myself.
Check out the 2017 Pioneer takeover at RRB, scheduled for April of 17. The wife and i made the trip last year and had a blast. We had about 35 to 40 Pioneers show up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!