Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe that pig tail will be active only when in reverse.
Hit the Honda accessory site and download the instructions for the back up alarm for the 700. It will go into further detail.

Reactions: kgun74
kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe that pig tail will be active only when in reverse.
Hit the Honda accessory site and download the instructions for the back up alarm for the 700. It will go into further detail.

Thats great if it is.......would work great for back up lights when plowing, only on when backing up is just what I need-this is great news,Thanks.

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I looked and if using only reverse buzzer ( not alarm ) you can plug into this. If using a back up alarm the additional harness is needed but I think I can tie in just for LED back up lights. I'm going to give it a try this weekend-thanks for the info NeOhio

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think a LED light would be too bad on that harness.
I definitely would not use an older Halogen fixture, but a small LED with 3-6 chips on it should be enough.

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't think a LED light would be too bad on that harness.
I definitely would not use an older Halogen fixture, but a small LED with 3-6 chips on it should be enough.
Photos of back up lights.....one each side

DSC00233 DSC00234

Reactions: DG Rider and Max718
Iceguy31

Iceguy31

Sep 12, 2018
Huntsville, Al
Ownership

1. 700-2
mine ran a bit smoother after having the initial maintenance done with the valve tappet adjustment. one side was tight and the other loose. It smooths out some after warming up too. I know that I test drove a different one and it had a very rough idle compared to mine, so it may just need some break in or just have some manufacture variability.

JBHomer

JBHomer

Jan 31, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine is a 2015 700 model and before I really had much of a chance to check that issue out I put a K&M air filter with a Silent rider exhaust. I think the silent rider has an extra bracket for mounting that the original didn't have. so I don't think I have that issue, but my wife won't stand out there and watch. lol

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Grandson has been out sick so still waiting to film the exhaust shake when he drives by.Then I'll need to figure out how to post the video. He may know how to do that already.Kids and electronics today ?

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well we have over 40 miles on it and vibration is much less. tried to do a video but it doesn't show up well since we are trying to video a moving vehicle with a i phone camera. Its hard to get close enough and as it drives past it gets out of frame.

Anyway it still shakes but not near as much. Still have the vibration but getting better.

jcmason

jcmason

Oct 6, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Traded my goldwing in on 2018 700-2 seater to ride with my grandson. Don't have more than a few miles on it but this has been driving me nuts but don't want the dealer to think I am a pain in the butt....so I'll ask here-

as soon as it starts, it idles a little fast for a few seconds and runs smooth but after that it idles ok but seems a bit rough at idle,even at low speeds and when watching my grandson drive it you can see the exhaust system shake as he drives by slowly. Is this normal ? I know the new models in just about everything are running very lean due to govt standards that need to be met by manufacturer s but if this were a twin cyl I would think it had a dead miss, but its a single cyl and runs ok but seems very rough-is this normal for this model or do I have a problem ? The dealer test drove it before I loaded on my trailer to bring home and it was this way from the begining. Keep in mind, if I mash on the pedal, it takes off and runs well,its just at idle and slow speeds it seems a bit off.

I have had many motorcycles and had honda ATV's ( still Have one ) but never felt anything like this,so is it just leaned out that much or what ? But they are all older models.

And let me add, nice web site.

Thanks
2 weeks on my new 700 deluxe.60+ miles, I didn't notice the shake until I read your post, it does have a bit of shake at idle. seems normal. compared it to my 2002 Honda 500 and it shakes too. Dealer recommends only High Octane gas.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Max,and hello from Pa land of taxes and potholes. As well as good hunting and trail riding....
I run just north of you near Hazleton. I do a lot of hunting and fishing there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!