NEW OWNER of a Honda Talon 1000x4.... need aftermarket suggestions

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
hey all, I am a new owner to a talon 1000x4 and a new member to this forum.... I would love any suggestions on must have upgrades to my new ride? such as bumpers, side bars, skid plates... best sound system to buy etc... any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Talon. I too just picked up an X4 and have been adding things here and there. The one thing that was a must for me was skid plates. There are a few options out there and I ended up going with Trail Armor. I put them on this weekend and everything was well designed, durable and the directions were good. I did have to tap two of the pre-drilled holes as they were stripped from the factory but this is a Honda issue, not Trail Armor.

I'm looking at getting a windshield (or 1/2 windshield) and mirrors as well. I'm used to SxS that are more utility based and had better visibility when reversing so mirrors are a must for me.

Other than that, depending on your riding, a winch may be a good idea. Everyone seems to have their favorite brand and there is no shortage of information on this site that can help you out. I went with the KFI assault 50. I've had good luck with KFI so I stick with them. But, I also had good luck with my viper winches (motoalliance) and Warn.

Have fun accessorizing.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
hey all, I am a new owner to a talon 1000x4 and a new member to this forum.... I would love any suggestions on must have upgrades to my new ride? such as bumpers, side bars, skid plates... best sound system to buy etc... any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!
WELCOME!

Reactions: hoghead76
lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Talon. I too just picked up an X4 and have been adding things here and there. The one thing that was a must for me was skid plates. There are a few options out there and I ended up going with Trail Armor. I put them on this weekend and everything was well designed, durable and the directions were good. I did have to tap two of the pre-drilled holes as they were stripped from the factory but this is a Honda issue, not Trail Armor.

I'm looking at getting a windshield (or 1/2 windshield) and mirrors as well. I'm used to SxS that are more utility based and had better visibility when reversing so mirrors are a must for me.

Other than that, depending on your riding, a winch may be a good idea. Everyone seems to have their favorite brand and there is no shortage of information on this site that can help you out. I went with the KFI assault 50. I've had good luck with KFI so I stick with them. But, I also had good luck with my viper winches (motoalliance) and Warn.

Have fun accessorizing.
Thank you much for the info! Where did you find the trail armor for the 4 seater? I went to their website and could only see the 2 seater one. Thanks

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thank you much for the info! Where did you find the trail armor for the 4 seater? I went to their website and could only see the 2 seater one. Thanks

Have fun accessorizing.
Never made mind I found it, thank you!

Reactions: educ8tedguess
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I found the stock air intake location and paper filter two major screw ups on Honda's part. Hondabob's 2500, 6000 and 10,000 mile reports have good pics showing how he did a snorkel while keeping the goofy stock intake chamber including part #'s. I think the chamber is designed to control intake noise and I wanted to keep it so I copied Bob's idea except that I didn't run mine up to the roof level (once I get caught in a heavy rain, I might have to rethink that :oops: ).

I gXGK7GX M

I 7HPhcsr M

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like the Super ATV hinged windshield and Ryco street legal kit.

There are a few basic Talon tips here:

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State 😎

Pics or it didn’t happen 😜

#NTC

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH
#NTC

Reactions: lwfinch
lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Dang, that's a long way from AZ. :eek: How'd you get it delivered?

So because it is mine and my wife’s 10 year anniversary we decided to make a trip out of it. By the good deal in Ohio and drive back hitting spots to ride along the way. We rode in burnt Rock West Virginia, wind rock Tennessee, and magazine mountain Arkansas! It was a good time!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So because it is mine and my wife’s 10 year anniversary we decided to make a trip out of it. By the good deal in Ohio and drive back hitting spots to ride along the way. We rode in burnt Rock West Virginia, wind rock Tennessee, and magazine mountain Arkansas! It was a good time!
Now that's a damn cool story. 👍

B

bearphoto

Jun 15, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I also just bought one June12th. It came with aluminum front and rear bumpers, honda racing metal doors, honda overhead lightbar, mirrors, nerf bars, particle separator, license plate bracket and light, horn. Maybe a few other things that I have forgotten about. Oh, a glass windshield with dual vents along the bottom.

lwfinch

lwfinch

May 11, 2020
Eagar, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Haha that’s crazy!! Did he say why they had to get rid of it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!