P1000m5 new owner.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New pioneer 1000 deluxe 5 seat.
Been looking for a sxs for 5 years so hope I made the right choice. Paid 15.800 out the door. That was including 900 in tax. My first thoughts are it is a nice machine but Honda has done some cheap things like the hinges on doors are so loose. I also paid extra for the extended three year Honda care and did that mainly because all the reading On the clutch issue. Would like to know how to keep the back seat belts from rattling very annoying.

J

JTW

Been looking for a sxs for 5 years so hope I made the right choice. Paid 15.800 out the door. That was including 900 in tax. My first thoughts are it is a nice machine but Honda has done some cheap things like the hinges on doors are so loose. I also paid extra for the extended three year Honda care and did that mainly because all the reading On the clutch issue. Would like to know how to keep the back seat belts from rattling very annoying.
There are plastic hooks for the buckles on the ratchet mechanism

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are plastic hooks for the buckles on the ratchet mechanism
The rattle is coming from the buckles when the seats are folded down There are springs on them but play forward and backwards and up and down. In other words they are very sloppy.

J

Jshell3

Welcome to the forum.

Before you say anything else, you need to know that pictures are required for all new owners. Lol

And I found electrical tape makes rattles go away. Aim for the door latches! Esp the rears.

J

JTW

The rattle is coming from the buckles when the seats are folded down There are springs on them but play forward and backwards and up and down. In other words they are very sloppy.
hummmm... yeah, mine don't do that. You sure that's where it's coming from?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's probably the bed latches. You can adjust them and like mentioned above, put some tape on the loop that goes into the latch. I've done this to three pioneers and it works great.

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."