BOX1

P1000 My take on the 1000-5D

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Deltot: 37466 said:
View attachment 9133
This is stopper for the front. It's on the door itself. Turning it counterclockwise will back it out to eliminate rattles. If you back it out too far the door won't latch properly. It's a double click design so keep that in mind.
Double click design?

Any idea about the washers on one side and not the other?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Double click design? That means it latches twice. Not sure what you mean by the washers. I'll go out in little while and look at

Double click design?

Means it actually latches twice. If you shut door slowly you can hear both clicks. No idea on those washers. I'll go out in little while and look at hinges.

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Means it actually latches twice. If you shut door slowly you can hear both clicks. No idea on those washers. I'll go out in little while and look at hinges.
Ok let me know please

F

Flyingpig

Oct 29, 2015
The Honda owners manual said not to use a pressure washer on the 1000. Not sure what electronics it might affect.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda owners manual said not to use a pressure washer on the 1000. Not sure what electronics it might affect.
Well I have no choice the mud around here won't come off without one. Can't believe they have that in there.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have no choice the mud around here won't come off without one. Can't believe they have that in there.
It says it can damage certain parts of it. Guess the trick is knowing which parts they're referring to. The ecm is under the seat along with other electronics. There's no way I could get mine even halfway clean without a pressure washer. I only spray the body and suspension with it. And I use the general purpose nozzle not the max pressure one.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
F

Flyingpig

Oct 29, 2015
I was set back myself when I read that know that everyone uses a pressure washer on there machines.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was set back myself when I read that know that everyone uses a pressure washer on there machines.
Maybe that's just Honda covering their rearends by putting that in there. I don't know anyone that doesn't use a pressure washer.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
I use a wide tip 40 degree and keep it further back from the machine to reduce the pressure. How you use it is important and things not spray such as cv boots, etc. will help prevent damage.

Bradmc87

Bradmc87

Jan 5, 2016
Conehatta, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did notice all 4 doors rattled thru rough terrain. What are the simple door stoppers your talking about. Could you post a picture please. Also have you noticed that on the door hinge theirs a metal washer on one side and then a huge gap on the other side. Washer missing?
On my 700-4 I put electrical tape around where the door latch meet the holder thingy. Solved my door rattles.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
On my 700-4 I put electrical tape around where the door latch meet the holder thingy. Solved my door rattles.
The rubber stopper he suggested fixed the side to side rattle BUT the door still rattles up and down because of no spacer/washer on the one side. Its weird how honda only put it on one side

Reactions: Bradmc87
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Here you can clearly see what im talking about. Needs the washer on each side to eliminate wobble

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I did this tonight on my 1000 on the bed latch and the rear doors. All the rattle appears to be gone finally.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!