P1000 New p1000 owner concerns

M

Muddigger

May 6, 2018
Brookhaven ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve purchased a 2016 pioneer 1000 last week with 341 miles on it. this site has been very helpful yet I have a few questions and concerns.. I declined the 2 year warranty when I bought the bike and wondering If there is a warranty I can purchase through Honda? Also I’m seeing the clicking noise is said to be normal when shifting but my bike has got stuck in 2nd gear twice. When it did I shut it off and restarted and it was fine.. also I see where there was a reacall to fix clutch issues.. being that I bought it as is can I still have these recalls check out through Honda? Thanks in advance .. so far I love the bike !!

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve purchased a 2016 pioneer 1000 last week with 341 miles on it. this site has been very helpful yet I have a few questions and concerns.. I declined the 2 year warranty when I bought the bike and wondering If there is a warranty I can purchase through Honda? Also I’m seeing the clicking noise is said to be normal when shifting but my bike has got stuck in 2nd gear twice. When it did I shut it off and restarted and it was fine.. also I see where there was a reacall to fix clutch issues.. being that I bought it as is can I still have these recalls check out through Honda? Thanks in advance .. so far I love the bike !!
Yes all the upgrades will be covered by Honda

Reactions: Muddigger
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, as far as getting stuck in 2nd gear does anyone have an idea why it would do this?
Any other gremlins? Fuel injected vehicles are anal about their grounds. Wouldn't hurt to check yours just to be sure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!