JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lots of factors.........tailgate might be off a 1/16th one of your tires might be 1/16th more worn out then the other, the bed it self could be off a 1/16th and Johnson levels aren't 100% accurate šŸ˜‰ all that adds up to about 3/16ths and a C... hair šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ JK!!

I say take it out on the trails and put some mud on her and you won't notice šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you prefer it to be level when you're in it? If it bothers you being a mere 1/4" off empty, and you level it, wouldn't it bother you just as much being 1/4" off the other way while riding? Not trying to be an azz, just asking an honest question.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I would agree that a 1/4ā€ is not a big deal. That was measured at the frame on each side. 1/4ā€ over 18ā€ is quite a bit when you get out to the sides of the dump bed. Then itā€™s over an inch difference. I measured 42ā€ from ground to top of bed on the passenger side and a little more than 43ā€ from ground to the top of the dump bed.
Rob

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Itā€™s not that big of a deal in the end. I just wanted to make sure nothing was assembled wrong since the machine had a few missing parts from the assembly at the dealer.

M

Mortdog

May 19, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Hi all,

I did a quick search in the P500 forums to see if I could find a thread about Pioneer 500/520s leaning to one side or another. I could only find a thread in the P1000 forums, but a P500 owner has the same issue.

My P520 leans to the passenger side. I can only assume it is because of the weight of the fuel. I keep a full tank and fill it up after each ride.

Does anyone else have this? Am I missing something that I should be looking for as a reason it leans? The reason I ask is: the dealer I purchased the Pioneer from was rushed to get it put together for me and missed a few nuts and bolts here and there. A couple of the ROPS bolts were missing as well as a couple of skid plate fasteners. The Pioneer made a terrible racket as the skid plate banged around and the ROPS did the same. Its much quieter now that I have everything bolted together... or do I?

Thanks,

Rob
When I drove my 520 home from the dealer. I discovered a massive oil leak. I posted what I found. Called Honda about 25 times. Got absolutely no help from them at all. The dealership fixed the oil leak. But I tried to get some reassurance from Honda. I didnā€™t get jack. They never returned 1 email or 1 voicemail. I was very very disappointed . Just saying how it went for me. My feeling is they are just building the machines as fast as they can. Quality control is gone out the window and they really donā€™t care. Because stuff is selling faster than they can make them.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I wouldn't be happy with a crooked machine. Send the pictures to the dealer and see what they are going to do about it.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I donā€™t think your eye can detect 1/4ā€ out of level over 4+ feet. What do you measure from the ground to the bottoms of your tail light lenses for example? How about on the front to the bottoms of headlights?

Iā€™d try to isolate the problem- is it the whole body/frame tilted towards the passenger side or maybe just the rear bed mounted wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Well there is a few things to think about. Spring sag happens. It is not out line for new springs to settle a bit after the first few hundred miles. For that matter who knows the quality of the spring steel they may keep saging over time. Second I wouldn't go by the bed. They are kinda flimsy I would measure from top of roll cage to the ground or where the top cage bolts to the main cage by the bed. Don't be afraid to check stuff over like tweaked or unwelded shock mounts bending. The best part of this group is we can all learn from each other. And let us know what you think later. Myself I want to change shocks and run Afco springs. On my circle track car they never lost pressure and have a lifetime warranty.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I have put a level on the frame below the bed, and it is off just like the bed is. Tomorrow night I plan on swapping the wheel/tire from one side to the other to see if a tire is the cause of the issue, even though they are all at the same pressure, it could be the cause. I also plan to measure eye to eye on the shock lengths to see if that could be were the sag is at.

Over an inch from side to side is noticeable to the naked eye. I agree that if this was just 1/4" out, I wouldn't likely notice.

Rob

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I did some quick measurements this morning while waiting for the dogs to do their business. Looks like the passenger side shock is compressed a bit more than the drivers side. It's only about 1/4" difference, which would equate to more at the outer edges of the machine. Now I need to decide if I just turn the preload up a notch on that side or just go with different shocks all together.

Rob

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I did some quick measurements this morning while waiting for the dogs to do their business. Looks like the passenger side shock is compressed a bit more than the drivers side. It's only about 1/4" difference, which would equate to more at the outer edges of the machine. Now I need to decide if I just turn the preload up a notch on that side or just go with different shocks all together.

Rob
Talk to the dealer, maybe he can give you a new shock to try.

Reactions: rtn001
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Rob

I have the stockers that I replaced with WE's I'd give you. Honestly don't know how they'd fit though, off a '15? I believe Honda made a change in '17. Only the rears were adjustable on the '15's.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I have the stockers that I replaced with WE's I'd give you. Honestly don't know how they'd fit though, off a '15? I believe Honda made a change in '17. Only the rears were adjustable on the '15's.
Thanks Trigger for the offer. I will likely just sneak in another upgrade when I have a hole burning through my pocket... I just have to decide if WE, Elka or the Bronco gas charged are the right ones for me.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
I will likely just sneak in another upgrade when I have a hole burning through my pocket... I just have to decide if WE, Elka or the Bronco gas charged are the right ones for me.
Did you ever follow up & find out why different measurements?
Shocks off : Measurements?
Spring adjuster " Stop " welded on in the same location on both shocks?
Swap side to side ? Remeasure Heigth? ( weak Shock or Spring )?
Compare side to side : Top & lower shock mounts for Errors at time of welded on? ( NEW Shocks will NOT cure this one.)
HONDA Should Wnty. : any of the above.

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why does it make a difference if it is tilted ? How does it level out with you sitting in it.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Did you ever follow up & find out why different measurements?
Shocks off : Measurements?
Spring adjuster " Stop " welded on in the same location on both shocks?
Swap side to side ? Remeasure Heigth? ( weak Shock or Spring )?
Compare side to side : Top & lower shock mounts for Errors at time of welded on? ( NEW Shocks will NOT cure this one.)
HONDA Should Wnty. : any of the above.
I havenā€™t even started to look into it more. I plan on swapping tires left to right as well as the shocks to see if either of those are the issue.

it levels out when Iā€™m in the Pioneer, but leans again when I have a passenger. Not sure it really matters that much, Iā€™m just picky about stuff.

Reactions: Splorin and futzin
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
If you swap tires left-right the tread will be backwards. But you already knew that :)

After 5k miles I noticed the factory mounted my left rear tire ā€˜backwardsā€™ on the rim. So it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!