BOX1

P1000 New Pioneer 1k Impression

R

RJM9

Apr 19, 2015
I recently purchased a Pioneer 1k. Previously I owned a 700. I can say it is a completely different machine. First off it is much quieter and has less vibration. I have heard people say it's loud, not sure what they are comparing it to but this thing is much quieter then my 700. It has a butt load more power and I was pleasantly surprised on how smooth the power band was. The power steering is awesome. I noticed the machine has way better ground clearance and did not bottom out where It normally would. Suspension seems smoother but time will tell if the front bottoms out like my 700 did going over bumps at medium speed. Overall it's a awesome machine and with 1 year manufacturer's warranty and 3 year extended warranty ($620) you can't go wrong.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome from MN. You will love it, I know I am. Make sure you do the vent extension kit before any other mods.
Being a ‘16 I hope he snorkeled it too.
Glad you’re enjoying your machine! I have to say I am as well. I still believe it’s the best all around machine.

K

Kevmcal

Dec 31, 2019
Western Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
We sold our "2016" 700-4 and are still waiting for the "2021" 1000-5 to arrive. Hoping we made the right move as the 700 seems to be the most reliable sxs ever. I guess we will find out. Anyway, good luck with the P1K. What color did you go with?

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I loved our new P1000-5LE but my wife liked the P700-4 base more. She said it drove better around the yard lol. The P1000 is a little jerky backing up. I guess if our only going to putt around the house and haul flowers the P700 is better.

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The P1000 is a little jerky backing up.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since the pioneer has OBD can something like a procal unit be plugged in to be able to adjust throttle modulation?

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Since the pioneer has OBD can something like a procal unit be plugged in to be able to adjust throttle modulation?
They "jerkiness" of the P1K @ low speed and over bumps has to do with the position and angle at which your foot rests on the pedal. Depending upon the size of your foot, it can literally be dangling up in the air (heel off the floor), and any bump or movement makes you depress the pedal far more than you intend. The ThrottleMax suggestion gives you a better angle at which your foot contacts the pedal (or the TM, technically) - heel on the floor - giving you more finite control of the pedal. Not perfect, but much better for most drivers.

Reactions: Lady01 and ODAMO
O

Old Ranger

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2022
Central Alleghenies
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that the Throttle Max helps to smooth things out . with size 13 boots I push at an angle due to small floor space but it still helps very much.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!