Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, that totally sucks.
Outside of burping the system, most are simple fixes.
The most recent one was a bent pin on one of the connectors.

Here is a thread to read through with ideas and how to test the system.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the same problem with mine on first ride. Turned out to be the pigtail connector from the fan not plugged in completely on the inside of right front vertical frame tube. Right next to radiator.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
OOPS, no biggie right? Just overheated your brand new engine, so much for breaking it in easy,

Honda needs to get their s*** together.

T

TheProvider

Sep 5, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the fan control box under the drivers seat. A loose connection there ended up being the culprit on mine. Just got it back the other day.

M

Manjackbaja

May 21, 2020
Baja sur
Ownership

1. 700-4
Iv read trough all the overheating threads I can find no one has suggested removing the thermostat? I’m located in southern Baja with overheating issues and a fully functioning fan . 60 deg is the coldest ambient temps I ride in , do I need a thermostat?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Iv read trough all the overheating threads I can find no one has suggested removing the thermostat? I’m located in southern Baja with overheating issues and a fully functioning fan . 60 deg is the coldest ambient temps I ride in , do I need a thermostat?
Yes. Your engine is designed to operate at specific temperature, and a properly functioning thermostat is part of that system. If you are overheating, there are likely other issues (e.g., air bubble in cooling system, fan not turning on, etc.).

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!