P1000 Overheated again

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buggy over heated twice on a few mile ride on some dirt roads radiator is clean, tank is full of fluid, I have the FCP tune It only seems to do this at higher speeds for extended time im considering ordering the fan override kit from store but will it really help is there an oversized more powerful cooling fan? Any help is appreciated

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
needs pics of you machine, as well as radiator

year and mileage?

any other engine or machine modifications?

obvious questions below

-fan runs
-fan turning correct direction
-is radiator really really clean
-if you remove tune, does it still overheat

did it overheat before the FCP tune?

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
needs pics of you machine, as well as radiator

year and mileage?

any other engine or machine modifications?

obvious questions below

-fan runs
-fan turning correct direction
-is radiator really really clean
-if you remove tune, does it still overheat

did it overheat before the FCP tune?
Florida cracker performance tune and yes it did it did when I was still mostly stock I think I rode with just a snorkel for long time after the tune it got better but I don’t ride roads often I normally in the mud and water not going very fast is there a way to clean the radiator better without having to remove bumper and front plastics

2021 pioneer 1000-5 limited about 900 miles I think
Set up:
Duel battery
Tune
Satv aarms although ttc are on the way
6klbs winch
All rhino 2.0 axles
6 in portals
33x9.5x20 acp tires
All new axle seals
Depth finder snorkel that was my first upgrade could this be the issue?

fan dose run vehicle must be running for fan to run which I find odd

Have not checked fan direction I just assumed it was good

radiator is such a pain in the ass to clean threw those little grill holes I think it’s clean

No I have not removed tune only because it got better after the tune

87C99A2E D1D0 464D BC7F 90373B85A800 9015BBD2 8EE1 4943 8016 0192696CCAFB 00C995CA 6F93 4DC5 9464 BA5C6D8F1739

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Numerous times I've thought my radiator was clean and I would start running hot. Ive owned it 4.5 years and I've still let the clean looking/dirty radiator get me as recently as this year. Boiled over once because of the fan glitch and the fan wasn't running.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Numerous times I've thought my radiator was clean and I would start running hot. Ive owned it 4.5 years and I've still let the clean looking/dirty radiator get me as recently as this year. Boiled over once because of the fan glitch and the fan wasn't running.
Have you found a way to clean the radiator better I have a great coil cleaner but it hard to spray in between the honey combs on the front

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never heard of that that tune? Do u have more info or a link to it?

Id start with Taking the tune out of it and see if it still overheats. Ive seen some tunes change things fior the worse.
I've been meaning to ask you what you think of using HVAC coil cleaner on a radiator. It works great on coils.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Buggy over heated twice on a few mile ride on some dirt roads radiator is clean, tank is full of fluid, I have the FCP tune It only seems to do this at higher speeds for extended time im considering ordering the fan override kit from store but will it really help is there an oversized more powerful cooling fan? Any help is appreciated
Find something steep to get the front end up (or winch it up a tree), let it idle for a bit to purge any air pockets in the cooling system. This seems to be a fairly common P1K malady.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you found a way to clean the radiator better I have a great coil cleaner but it hard to spray in between the honey combs on the front
Screenshot 20230102 144133 Brave

Something like this works good for me. You gotta keep spraying until there is no mud coming out. That's where I fail sometimes because I'm lazy. I also carry a 12v sprayer with me in case I get clogged up on the trail. I avoid mud as much as I can but sometimes there is noway around. Sometimes I'm just riding with a bunch of idiots and I become one too.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 368554
Something like this works good for me. You gotta keep spraying until there is no mud coming out. That's where I fail sometimes because I'm lazy. I also carry a 12v sprayer with me in case I get clogged up on the trail. I avoid mud as much as I can but sometimes there is noway around. Sometimes I'm just riding with a bunch of idiots and I become one too.
I had the Mule on Trail 2 up there in your neck of the woods and completely mudded my radiator…managed to make it to the main road before it overheated. Had to steal a 4 wheeler and go get my truck at the comfort inn. Came and picked it up and went over to TWRA where I had to do some “extensive” de-mudding. Also bent a rim/broke a bead on a front wheel. Needless to say it was a BAD day.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had the Mule on Trail 2 up there in your neck of the woods and completely mudded my radiator…managed to make it to the main road before it overheated. Had to steal a 4 wheeler and go get my truck at the comfort inn. Came and picked it up and went over to TWRA where I had to do some “extensive” de-mudding. Also bent a rim/broke a bead on a front wheel. Needless to say it was a BAD day.
I've had plenty of bad days. 90% of the time it's my fault lol

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
U know the rulz, POIDH, Dude. 😎

Scottwilliams

Scottwilliams

Aug 12, 2018
Florence ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Probably your radiator mine did it till I started carrying water in a tank sprayer been fine since

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!