P1000 Overheated again

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Find something steep to get the front end up (or winch it up a tree), let it idle for a bit to purge any air pockets in the cooling system. This seems to be a fairly common P1K malady.
I think I tried this once before but ur saying to lift it up maybe 45 degree then crack radiator cap loose and just let it run like that for how long?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Kind of a sobering evening Delmar Hanblin getting injured. And fighting death. So is life!

Stixato

Stixato

Dec 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Florida cracker performance tune and yes it did it did when I was still mostly stock I think I rode with just a snorkel for long time after the tune it got better but I don’t ride roads often I normally in the mud and water not going very fast is there a way to clean the radiator better without having to remove bumper and front plastics

2021 pioneer 1000-5 limited about 900 miles I think
Set up:
Duel battery
Tune
Satv aarms although ttc are on the way
6klbs winch
All rhino 2.0 axles
6 in portals
33x9.5x20 acp tires
All new axle seals
Depth finder snorkel that was my first upgrade could this be the issue?

fan dose run vehicle must be running for fan to run which I find odd

Have not checked fan direction I just assumed it was good

radiator is such a pain in the ass to clean threw those little grill holes I think it’s clean

No I have not removed tune only because it got better after the tune

View attachment 368517 View attachment 368518 View attachment 368519
I chased my overheating issues for 2 years. I elevated the front, burped the radiator a million different ways including using the bleed screw under the seat, cleaned my radiator countless times and then finally broke down and spent $1200 on a radiator relocate from Kitts Customs in DeLand, Florida. it put my radiator up above the hood out of the mud and was on a hinge with long enough hoses and vent lines that I could swing it forward by just taking off 2 knobs. It gave me full access to under the hood still. I also had him install a fan override switch. Anyhow, I run the COPS Mud and Trail Tunes and the first thing I did was install the COPS overheat kit with a new thermostat and radiator cap. It didn't do anything for my overheat issues. When Brett with Kitts Customs pulled my stock radiator, he cleaned it completely before reinstalling it. for the last 8 months until last week, I still had problems even with the relocate I did.

Now for the good news. On a recommendation from some of the forums, I broke down and spent another $1,000 and purchased a TCP (Totally Cool Products) Radiator. I took my buggy back to Kitts Customs and had him remove my locate and install the new TCP radiator back in the stock location for $500. It came with a Spal fan that supposedly moves 4x more air than the stock fan. My problems are now a thing of the past. I rode at Hog Waller all New Years weekend and never went over 2 bars. I have my tuner mounted at the top of my roll cage and monitored temperatures through the PV3 the whole weekend. I stayed between 160-186 degrees the entire weekend. Prior, I was seeing temps cruising at 220 and up to 250 and higher before the flash boil. My advise, do not pass go, do not collect 200 bucks. Go right now and buy a TCP radiator, you won't regret it and it will save you a lot of aggrivation and money in the long run.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I chased my overheating issues for 2 years. I elevated the front, burped the radiator a million different ways including using the bleed screw under the seat, cleaned my radiator countless times and then finally broke down and spent $1200 on a radiator relocate from Kitts Customs in DeLand, Florida. it put my radiator up above the hood out of the mud and was on a hinge with long enough hoses and vent lines that I could swing it forward by just taking off 2 knobs. It gave me full access to under the hood still. I also had him install a fan override switch. Anyhow, I run the COPS Mud and Trail Tunes and the first thing I did was install the COPS overheat kit with a new thermostat and radiator cap. It didn't do anything for my overheat issues. When Brett with Kitts Customs pulled my stock radiator, he cleaned it completely before reinstalling it. for the last 8 months until last week, I still had problems even with the relocate I did.

Now for the good news. On a recommendation from some of the forums, I broke down and spent another $1,000 and purchased a TCP (Totally Cool Products) Radiator. I took my buggy back to Kitts Customs and had him remove my locate and install the new TCP radiator back in the stock location for $500. It came with a Spal fan that supposedly moves 4x more air than the stock fan. My problems are now a thing of the past. I rode at Hog Waller all New Years weekend and never went over 2 bars. I have my tuner mounted at the top of my roll cage and monitored temperatures through the PV3 the whole weekend. I stayed between 160-186 degrees the entire weekend. Prior, I was seeing temps cruising at 220 and up to 250 and higher before the flash boil. My advise, do not pass go, do not collect 200 bucks. Go right now and buy a TCP radiator, you won't regret it and it will save you a lot of aggrivation and money in the long run.
We need pics!!! Just saying ......👍

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Dose it mount into stock location with no problems or is modifications needed

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did you ever try just putting a more powerful aftermarket fan on the stock radiator?

D

dgramos

Dec 22, 2022
West Jordan Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buggy over heated twice on a few mile ride on some dirt roads radiator is clean, tank is full of fluid, I have the FCP tune It only seems to do this at higher speeds for extended time im considering ordering the fan override kit from store but will it really help is there an oversized more powerful cooling fan? Any help is appreciated
Totally Cool Products Inc. --tcpperformance.com 1-208 356-6483

Stixato

Stixato

Dec 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The TCP fits in the stock location. Here's a pic with the radiator relocate and a new pic now with the relocate removed and the new TCP radiator inside the stock location. (looks goofy with the small tires but I threw them on vs. big mud tires for the hatfield mccoy trip last week) I didn't try any other fans in the stock location, but the relocate kit had a new fan that it came with and it didn't change anything. I know for a fact the TCP radiator with the new fan solved my OH issues.

20230801 131032
)
Screenshot 20230725 173638 Photos
🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!