P500 New shifting problems

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hey there! So I just got my 2018 p500, it has 16 miles on it now. It hesitates really bad in 1st and 2nd gear while in automatic. It doesn’t do it in manual, should I adjust the clutch with being so new? Thx guys and gals!

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Drive it in manual. I've got 4K on mine and only the first 15 minutes were in automatic. Manual becomes second nature in no time.

Reactions: Mudwing
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there! So I just got my 2018 p500, it has 16 miles on it now. It hesitates really bad in 1st and 2nd gear while in automatic. It doesn’t do it in manual, should I adjust the clutch with being so new? Thx guys and gals!
hesitates during shifting? If so, I'd call it normal. The P500 seems to need its break in miles.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The engine will retard/hesitate during shifting, thats normal, but it should only be about a split second. I adjusted mine at less than 20 miles. Try the adjustment, if you adjust too far, it will hesitate worst or die out. Find the sweet spot, it took me 3 times, adjust/test drive/adjust.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!