BOX1

P700 New spin on an old discussion. ( Snorkel and vents)

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have been invited to ride with a club in southern Mississippi in late April. We are rock crawlers, not swamp buggies, but were forewarned that even the regular trails, sometimes get over doors in crossings. So in the name of being warned and protecting our rig. I have installed a snorkel and extended the vents to what I consider the "save yourself" height.
I done a lot of research and just didn't like the traditional out the side routing. I also didn't like the over the seatbelt routing. My wife rides with me on every ride so I put her in the buggy and we started mocking up different routes, keeping in mind trees, the hauler, our style of riding, and general comfort. This is what we came up with.
Using a 2x2 rubber hose with clamps, I cut off the factory breather. Used about 7' of schedule 40 2" PVC and fittings. The high lifter head was bought off of amazon and fits great. I drilled a hole in the back of the HL head at an angle where I could run a screw thru the head into the Overhead bar.
The vent lines are actually 1/4" refrigerator water line. I used that because the tie wraps cannot crush it and its only .15 a foot. It took 15' of tubing. I ran the front 2 lines from the radiator area up the passenger side windshield and secured. The gas tank and rear diff were ran in the same area with the snorkel. I used a brass barbed connector with gasket maker between the hoses then put heat shrink over the connections to aid in security. In areas where they are visible, I wrapped them in a loom I had laying around the shop. The clear to white hose running up the side of the windshield is actually pretty annoying. After everything was glued painted and installed. I started the buggy and plugged the inlet head to look for leaks, It died. By plugging the air intake and it dying, I knew there was no leaks. We are Mississippi "Wild Country" ready. Hope you enjoy the pics.
This mod cost around $60. The kit is 3 times that and don't work for us. Its not reversible, but we can always go back and do something different, we gonna run it like this for a while.

2a 1a 1 2 7 8 12a 13 13a 14a 15 16 17 3b 4 4b 5b 10b 6b 11a

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have been invited to ride with a club in southern Mississippi in late April. We are rock crawlers, not swamp buggies, but were forewarned that even the regular trails, sometimes get over doors in crossings. So in the name of being warned and protecting our rig. I have installed a snorkel and extended the vents to what I consider the "save yourself" height.
I done a lot of research and just didn't like the traditional out the side routing. I also didn't like the over the seatbelt routing. My wife rides with me on every ride so I put her in the buggy and we started mocking up different routes, keeping in mind trees, the hauler, our style of riding, and general comfort. This is what we came up with.
Using a 2x2 rubber hose with clamps, I cut off the factory breather. Used about 7' of schedule 40 2" PVC and fittings. The high lifter head was bought off of amazon and fits great. I drilled a hole in the back of the HL head at an angle where I could run a screw thru the head into the Overhead bar.
The vent lines are actually 1/4" refrigerator water line. I used that because the tie wraps cannot crush it and its only .15 a foot. It took 15' of tubing. I ran the front 2 lines from the radiator area up the passenger side windshield and secured. The gas tank and rear diff were ran in the same area with the snorkel. I used a brass barbed connector with gasket maker between the hoses then put heat shrink over the connections to aid in security. In areas where they are visible, I wrapped them in a loom I had laying around the shop. The clear to white hose running up the side of the windshield is actually pretty annoying. After everything was glued painted and installed. I started the buggy and plugged the inlet head to look for leaks, It died. By plugging the air intake and it dying, I knew there was no leaks. We are Mississippi "Wild Country" ready. Hope you enjoy the pics.
This mod cost around $60. The kit is 3 times that and don't work for us. Its not reversible, but we can always go back and do something different, we gonna run it like this for a while.

View attachment 264948 View attachment 264949 View attachment 264950 View attachment 264951 View attachment 264952 View attachment 264953 View attachment 264954 View attachment 264955 View attachment 264956 View attachment 264957 View attachment 264958 View attachment 264959 View attachment 264960 View attachment 264961 View attachment 264962 View attachment 264963 View attachment 264964 View attachment 264965 View attachment 264966

Looks good.
Another option is to come straight out the back and run it up the cage.

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good.
Another option is to come straight out the back and run it up the cage.
We have doors, use the dump and a swinging spare tire carrier. This was the only option we could find where something else wasn't compromised. I really like the ones like the 1000 that come out of the hood, but with the amp mounted where it is, that option was out too.

Reactions: Glock21user
Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
The dump still works fine but I doubt the tire carrier would fit without mods.
It is anchored properly now and painted black so it matches a bit better.

View attachment 265113 View attachment 265114 View attachment 265115 View attachment 265116 View attachment 265117 View attachment 265118
Yea, Where you turn up by the tail light is where both my swing brackets are welded to for the spare tire rack.
I had not considered that alternative. I really like the K&N filter on the outside.

Ckitting

Ckitting

Jan 30, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks simple and clean. Only reason I didn’t do something like that is I sometimes ride three deep in mine. I would def recommend a pre filter like Glock has. Mine is made from 2” pvc around the seatbelt and I haven’t put a prefilter on yet. The main filter is really nasty after one ride.

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just built a U bracket and moved the seatbelt reel in front of snorkel easy and keeps everything clean. also added a K&N air filter to the end of the snorkel

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I run the K&N and the stock filter.
We run 4 up often, the right rear passenger never hits the filter but reports it is louder than up front but still not horrible. It is 2" pvc as well.
Did it help power wise I doubt it but it definitely gave me piece of mind.

Reactions: caverat