Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Update:
  • Picking up the first intake tubes from powder coat today. Three will ship immediately to customers on the list who did not need the filter.
  • Desertcraft filters and filter screens have been ordered, shipped and will be here next week.
  • The third part to this is a rubber, reducing spacer to adapt the 4" Desertcraft filter to the 3" tube. These have also been ordered and will arrive next week. I have run this adapter on my Talon without problems. Desertcraft was helpful in molding a few urethane adapters to try but the filter did not grip them as well as I wanted. Like I said before, if I won't run it then I won't sell it! Having Desertcraft make a 3" filter specifically for this application is the ideal solution but I can't afford the required minimum order just yet.
And just a few words about the Desertcraft filter...
They are more expensive than other filters and if anyone wants to run a cheaper filter from Amazon I'm cool with that. That's why I offer the intake tube for purchase without a filter. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Desertcraft lately and learned that their filters use industrial grade media. They spent 2.5 years developing their engine air filters to get what they wanted! They were the first to use stainless steel mesh to wrap the filter. Everything is first rate high grade material and will last a LONG time. Besides all that, they are a small California company with Made in the USA products and have been super helpful working with me. I look forward to supporting them while they supply filters for my intake tubes.
I’m happy to use Desertcraft if it fits in my situation…🤔

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Few better pics taken today with the desertcraft filter and spacer. The tube finish came out great!
4F7B9119 D4A5 423E B79E B5C1F35D77B4

93F36ADB 5100 42B5 B661 0FB30D161120

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is the Desertcraft filter an oiled media, or dry like the R2C?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That filter looks smaller. Think it might fit my application?
What is blocking this filter from fitting properly on your ride?

You plan on removing any of your other filters or are you looking to add a 4th to the mix? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Adam490
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is blocking this filter from fitting properly on your ride?

You plan on removing any of your other filters or are you looking to add a 4th to the mix? 😆
My fuel container….
And I have two now like most everyone else. The second one would be replaced by this one, if it will fit…

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Their coming! Spacer rings, filters and filter covers all arrive next week.

Monte, the filters dimensions are 5” top, 6” bottom, 5.5” filter length.
I made a template based on those measurements and this is what it looks like….🤔 that’s holding it about an inch off the plastic….

5F9BE76A E0FB 423D 9523 5BAF0816940F

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Ok, well whenever you do get the X4’s ironed out hook me up….👍😎
I sure will. Hoping to have this test fit late next week and it all works. If not I'll have to make adjustments which if any should me minor. If this fits the X4 then the flood gates will open for me!! Monday I have to try getting another aluminum order in soon.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'll soon begin contacting the members on my list for intake pre-filter kits to get orders processed. UPS sent me a weather delay notice on the rubber adapters that they will be delivered Monday 2/7 now instead of Friday 2/4. That's the last part I'm waiting on and shipping can begin on Tuesday 2/8. You guys be on the lookout for a conversation from me. If you opt to pass on a purchase now then I'll move on down the list. Thanks to everyone for at least showing interest in these products.

Just a little bio FYI about me...
When I was a kid growing up in rural Louisiana I had a huge collection of Lego blocks. I'd get new sets, build the set, then build what I imagined. Then I go to college for drafting and I love it! Now I'm having a blast designing parts with the combination of Lego and drafting experiences. I feel like this is what I was born to do!

Edit:
ATVs were always in the picture. ATC110, ATC125, TRX350,TRX300EX, TRX400EX. I even built a small TRX250R with a set of Technic Legos! Of course in the 80's we didn't have iphones to document anything!!

Last edited:
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is interesting about your talent from way back till current time. We are having fun with your items you designed after you had fun designing them LOL.

I don't dare share my Bio from way back,,, it would scare the wadding out of everyone.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!