New Talon Pre-filter Snorkel

Fritz-NH

Fritz-NH

Jan 9, 2022
NH
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is interesting about your talent from way back till current time. We are having fun with your items you designed after you had fun designing them LOL.

I don't dare share my Bio from way back,,, it would scare the wadding out of everyone.
Lol, you and I both. I liked to shoot and blow things up as a kid, got in trouble… joined the the Army at 17. That’s where I really got to blow things up! World has never been the same…

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
About blowing up stuff get this,,, I was around 12 and had a brother n law who always had dynamite on his farm and I learned how to set it off with the old style primers. He gave my dad 4 sticks and I would show them to my friends. Upon a dare I could not resist setting off one of the sticks for my fiends. I lost the use of my bicycle for a week and had to ride a girls bike from the neighbors sister when my parents were not looking. I thought with 4 sticks my dad would not miss just one but the noise brought too much attention and the Sheriff's Dept.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
UPS sent a weather shipping delay on the filter adapters and now don't even give a delivery date. Perfect timing! I've got everything ready to ship except this part.
No worries. It is what it is in this crappy time!! I'm good whenever it all shows. Thanks!

Reactions: Smitty335
Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I got mine ordered and Powdercoated to match my Fox Live. I am hoping to have it in next week. I was the "dirty filter" in the comparisons. We ran the exact same trails for 2 days straight and I was blown away by the difference. Will post pictures when I get it all setup.

Reactions: CID
advertisement
Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I got the Parts in and Man it took longer to remove all the PushPins than it did to actually complete the Mod. I love the Lines and the fact that it does't look like some Cheap backyard mod. it looks better than almost all of the other intake setups I've seen IMO. The Powdercoating was fantastic and the Honda Blue looks like it belongs there from the factory. I used a dremel tool with a small drill bit to carefully cut out the hole, largest holesaw I have in the shop is a 2.5"
20220208 155207
20220208 164011
20220208 164522
20220208 164825
20220208 164837
20220208 165130

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got the Parts in and Man it took longer to remove all the PushPins than it did to actually complete the Mod. I love the Lines and the fact that it does't look like some Cheap backyard mod. it looks better than almost all of the other intake setups I've seen IMO. The Powdercoating was fantastic and the Honda Blue looks like it belongs there from the factory. I used a dremel tool with a small drill bit to carefully cut out the hole, largest holesaw I have in the shop is a 2.5"View attachment 318196View attachment 318197View attachment 318198View attachment 318199View attachment 318200View attachment 318201

Excellent looking install. Can't wait to get mine.

Steve

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
That piece of fender plastic is soft and easily cut with a razor knife. That's how I made my cut. No hole saw required. The good thing is that no matter how badly you mangle the cut, the tube cover plate will conceal it!!

Thank God, as I'm sure to make a mess of it. ;)

Steve

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
My install went just as good,, lucky for me I had a 3"" hole saw and had very little plastic to remove. My plastic is black so the black tube and flange matched. The other types of snorkel's I did not like especially the way they went up to the roof line, I'm not running is deep water and the long snorkel looks like a stove pipe out of a farm house.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Ordered more aluminum plates cut and bent today. My local shop couldn't get to me for 4 weeks so I had to go elsewhere. Should have these in less than 2 weeks to get more tubes fab'd up, powder coated and ready to ship. I have to be ready for riding season to start and need some in stock. Still have a few customers on the list then I'll be able to open up for orders through my website.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did my shop reply to your RFQ?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Did my shop reply to your RFQ?
They did for the initial request of shifter plates but were unable to cut that thickness.
Honestly I forgot about your shop when placing the order today with sendcutsend. I need to make a note of that to check with you next time around.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They did for the initial request of shifter plates but were unable to cut that thickness.
Honestly I forgot about your shop when placing the order today with sendcutsend. I need to make a note of that to check with you next time around.
I was interested in the tubing. I know for a fact we can make that without a weld.

Reactions: Adam490
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!