P1000 New to Forum - considering Honda P1K5

GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I ride with rzr's and can am's and have had zero issues keeping up with them while riding through woods and hill climbs.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I am a couple of hours away from making the Jump. I picked up a trailer today and I have met with the local dealers and reach an agreement. I will be picking up my 1K5D toward the end of the day!!

Stay tuned for pics tomorrow as it will be after dark tonight. Going to have to have a Thanksgiving ride this weekend.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The thing about the p1k5 is the width it's a lot wider then most think. A friend of mine bought one his trailer was too narrow to take it home. With that in mind I bought a double axle 7x16 side load for my atv from Triple Crown for $1599 the front side rails do double duty as ramps for the side load. I will post a pic of it tomorrow and the rear gate lays flat.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I just got home and tucked my Pioneer 1k-5 into the garage. Had to run the wife and son up the street first in it and they were excited. I think I really lucked out on getting my trailer as a funny thing happen while I was looking at them.
I knew I wanted a 77"x12' and when looking at the single axle I was just not comfortable about the weight as if you go by the limit and the Honda weighing 1700lb it was going to be right there but I have seen plenty of people posting and showing theirs on a like trailer. The sales man (kid just back from college break) said they had a tandem axle 77"x12' as we were walking over to see it another sales man but a sold sign on it. Long story short I ended up getting a 14' tandem with breaks for less than what the 12' would have been. With electronic breaks and it is built like a tank.

Can't believe I just talked more about the trailer than the p1k - but that will come :)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was able to go to Rush Springs today for a couple of hours. It was nice as there were only 2 others out there and that gave me a chance to explore at my pace. A lot of fun and my six year old said it was Awesome!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I was able to go to Rush Springs today for a couple of hours. It was nice as there were only 2 others out there and that gave me a chance to explore at my pace. A lot of fun and my six year old said it was Awesome!

Congrats on the new ride p! I think you will love it. Awesome machine.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride p! I think you will love it. Awesome machine.
Thanks @Tigermark - and if the offer still stand I would love to meet up at Rush Springs sometime to see what this is really capable of. I stuck to the easy trails today and know matching some of the trails to the map (granted a lot are not on there) was challenging.

Yea it was a lot of fun - I do see what people are talking about with the seat heat but it was nice today

Reactions: Tigermark
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats on your new P1K. Any single 3500# axle trailer will haul it fine.

Reactions: Ragnar406

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!