P1000 new to sxs

Moberly

Moberly

Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I will most likely be getting a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 LE after being on 2020 Polaris XP1000 high w/ride command
the main reason for me going to Honda was reliability of the Honda, I know they are not the fastest or best looking, but I don't need that, I would like to take my grandson along with the wife for rides in the mountains and be able to drive the machine worry free. I used to have a Honda 01 foreman and it was good and never let me down. I do have a 09 700 grizzly which is also very good machine. when I get the machine I want to put on a windshield of some sort (split windshield or full glass with wiper) roof is a for sure along with a 5500 lb axon winch,lightbar,RR cab curtain,switch plate and maxxis carnivore 28x10x14 tires. I am not sure if I would an extra battery or not. I don't want a full cab but don't want a lot of dust either, I know it will get somewhat dusty
would like hear some thoughts or any recommendations or someone with similar set up

Thanks from the Alberta Rockies

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Welcome from South Dakota!

Most run a isolated second battery for all electrical items including a winch as drawing on the main battery only can cause shifting problems and other electronic issues.

There are many threads on this. I’d suggest cruising thru the forum stickies. You’ll find lots of cool information.

Reactions: Isaiah and sharp
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Alabama. You will love the machine much quiter than the Polaris. The shifting will get much better after the first 100 miles. When I got mine I thought i made a mistake with the rough shifts, but they have greatly improved.

I also have the Warn Axon 5500s. I love the winch. Much better than my old cheap one. I would highly recommend the 2nd battery to reduce chance of causing problems with Honda system. I run a SATV split windshield. It's great to be able to open it up or crack it to reduce the dust. We just got back from riding in Florida on dry sandy roads and I was impressed with the low amount of dust just by cracking windshield. I didn't have a Rear glass at the time.

One other thing I would recommend is new UMHW skids over the Aluminum if you are going to be in rocks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dust issue really depends on where you’re riding and how fast you’re going. I’ve never had an issue with dust but I’m mostly on forested trails doing less than 25mph.

I have the Honda/warn 4500 winch that I bought with the machine at the dealership. It’s never let me down but in hindsight I probably would have gone a different route and bought something bigger & better for the same or less money. That being said I do a lot of plowing with it and I only run the single OEM battery. I’ve never had any voltage issues. If I was running a big stereo and a ton of extra lights it might be a different story.

As for the windshield, I went with the seemingly the most common one here, the SuperATV split folding one. No regrets there. They go on sale a couple times a year for 15-20% off.

R

rickoshea

look into the oem honda soft mid panel.less than $300 up here in canada,probably a little cheaper in alberta with no sales tax.does wonders for dust control and it unzips.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!