P700m4 New to the Thread lots of questions long post.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't paid to much attention to a arm upgrades and such, but I believe @Gator was contemplating or has them. If I am wrong Gator, I apologize.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 28s made a huge difference in ride too.With Fox shocks you may not need a-arms

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The superatv arms are a direct bolt on item, no need for upgraded axles or anything like that. They give 2" of ground clearance but that is it, no stretched out wheelbase with these arms unfortunately.

Fox shocks are great, I've been running them for awhile now and have no complaints. Out of the box they give you about an inch and a half lift, but you can adjust the ride height, up or down. And might I also suggest disconnecting the sway bar. Don't expect the pioneer to ride like a rzr even with the foxes, like @CumminsPusher said. But they will definitely bring it to the next level.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh and for the 28"s, some fit without a lift, some don't. I think if you are running the foxes or commander shocks you'll be ok without a lift, because they both have a bit of lift built in.

Reactions: swsebek
FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
The superatv arms are a direct bolt on item, no need for upgraded axles or anything like that. They give 2" of ground clearance but that is it, no stretched out wheelbase with these arms unfortunately.

Fox shocks are great, I've been running them for awhile now and have no complaints. Out of the box they give you about an inch and a half lift, but you can adjust the ride height, up or down. And might I also suggest disconnecting the sway bar. Don't expect the pioneer to ride like a rzr even with the foxes, like @CumminsPusher said. But they will definitely bring it to the next level.

What is the benefit of disconnecting the sway bar? Thanks for the info on the A-Arms. I have no delusions of the pioneer ever riding like the rzr lol I just want to be able to ride and not feel like a shaken baby by the end of a ride.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh and for the 28"s, some fit without a lift, some don't. I think if you are running the foxes or commander shocks you'll be ok without a lift, because they both have a bit of lift built in.

Alright, I'll have to do some hunting down on tires to figure out what I want to find out if there is no rub.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
do 28s fit on stock? I thought you'd need to modify it some.
I run maxxis big horns and they don't rub stock,,,,,BUT they do rub my mud buster bolts and it's not bad but sounds horrible.My sway bar is still connected because my wife and daughter drive.If you take it off it will allow you to articulate better and keep all tires planted,,But if you slide too hard or break to hard on a corner or uneven surface you could flip easy.If you want -just unhook it and tape it up and try it.but be careful while chasing them 1000s or pounding beers

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I run maxxis big horns and they don't rub stock,,,,,BUT they do rub my mud buster bolts and it's not bad but sounds horrible.My sway bar is still connected because my wife and daughter drive.If you take it off it will allow you to articulate better and keep all tires planted,,But if you slide too hard or break to hard on a corner or uneven surface you could flip easy.If you want -just unhook it and tape it up and try it.but be careful while chasing them 1000s or pounding beers

I gotcha, I'll be on mud mostly so I'll be looking at some mud tires pref 28x10-12

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
28" tires - I have 28" swamp lite's and they have never rubbed.

Shocks - New shocks are a must have. Fox's are an excellent choice and you will feel it immediately.

Sway Bar - I've said this before. They sway bar is on there for stability. Honda deems it necessary for SAFETY. I took mine off and will not put it back on.

A-Arms - I like the arched arms. It's hard to quantify how much they help. Mine are definitely beefier than the stock and that gives me some degree of confidence. I don't have the super atv arms. Mine were made by a guy in Louisiana. I could have asked for more lift but I was afraid to go too high.

Portals are available but they are $3000.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree on sway bar removal but like how Gator put it best. I'd suggest pulling it and seeing for yourself. It's easy enough to reinstall Be a little cautious on high speed maneuvers and side hills a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Leave the sway bar alone. Honda installed them for a good reason.

I installed the CanAm shocks and like them a lot.?better ride! At last year's event at Ride the Blue spiffy and myself traded rigs during a night ride. I had to drive his turbo charged 700.....that was a hoot and another story. He said that he liked the CanAm shock ride better than his fox shocks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!