P500 New trailer / garage.

K

kf9ez

Nov 29, 2015
I've been thinking about getting into a setup like that. My car is only good to tow 3500 pounds, so that really limits me. No toy hauler till I can afford to buy a truck. I'm primarily going to use it for weekend trips to riding areas. I don't want anything fancy, just a roof over my head for when it rains. My dad is huge into RV's. His is like 45' or something crazy. Doesn't make much sense to me. Go out riding and get all muddy then you're worried about trashing the RV. Not to mention trying to drive that thing back in the woods to some of these campgrounds.

I've been itching to buy a cheap trailer (non enclosed) for hauling my toys. I hate borrowing trailers. Probably just going to wait and buy an enclosed one next year as a makeshift camper/toy hauler.
Maybe instead of two birds with one stone (garage and trailer) it will turn into three birds (garage, trailer and camper). As busy as I am with other things it may take a few years, but it would be a fun project.

Reactions: ehart814
S

Sledge

I've been thinking about getting into a setup like that. My car is only good to tow 3500 pounds, so that really limits me. No toy hauler till I can afford to buy a truck. I'm primarily going to use it for weekend trips to riding areas. I don't want anything fancy, just a roof over my head for when it rains. My dad is huge into RV's. His is like 45' or something crazy. Doesn't make much sense to me. Go out riding and get all muddy then you're worried about trashing the RV. Not to mention trying to drive that thing back in the woods to some of these campgrounds.

I've been itching to buy a cheap trailer (non enclosed) for hauling my toys. I hate borrowing trailers. Probably just going to wait and buy an enclosed one next year as a makeshift camper/toy hauler.
Different strokes, but the huge rigs don't interest me at all.

I want to get off-road to camp, not just off-Interstate.

My 1-ton 4wd Ram/Cummins dually with my 9' Lance camper (full bathroom, fridge, A/C, ducted furnace, oven, nuke, TV, stereo, queen bed) and indestructible steel cargo trailer can cross creeks, negotiate jeep trails, and get me to places where people on ATVs look and say, "How in hell did you get THAT in here?"

Low range, I say. :)

Joe

R

Rustell

Toy hauler
Cool. What is the make and model, if you don't mind me asking. I'm looking for ideas.

Carson Trailer - RV Sport / Toy Hauler Trailers They are out there.. I like that it's half ton towable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sledge and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Different strokes, but the huge rigs don't interest me at all.

I want to get off-road to camp, not just off-Interstate.

My 1-ton 4wd Ram/Cummins dually with my 9' Lance camper (full bathroom, fridge, A/C, ducted furnace, oven, nuke, TV, stereo, queen bed) and indestructible steel cargo trailer can cross creeks, negotiate jeep trails, and get me to places where people on ATVs look and say, "How in hell did you get THAT in here?"

Low range, I say. :)

Joe
Lol, I love it, you're a real hoot Joe!!! Is that with you in Tejas, if so, can you post a picture of that set up?

Reactions: Sledge
M

mojorzn

Mar 12, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my trailer which doubles as a garage for my p5.

The trailer is a 2005 Featherlite model 1610, 14 foot enclosed cargo trailer that I bought used last fall. It has a 6'6" interior height, aluminum floor, white drop ceiling, extra interior lights and aluminum wheels.

Besides its traditional use as a trailer, I also use it as a portable garage at our place in Adams County, Wisconsin. When parked and unhitched I put jack stands under the frame at the back.

As background, the p5 is too big to fit in our existing shed up north. I thought about building a new, larger shed, but this seemed to be the better solution. Two birds, one stone.

One picture shows my p5 pulling the trailer. I was re-positioning the trailer into a tight spot so decided to see how it would pull with the Pioneer. I was surprised that it pulled so easily.

I plan to install some cabinets in the front of the trailer for tools, etc.

I hope the pictures work. View attachment 15279 View attachment 15280 View attachment 15281
looks good! I have the same trailer but my issue is I just bought a 700-4... its 2 inches too tall!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my trailer which doubles as a garage for my p5.

The trailer is a 2005 Featherlite model 1610, 14 foot enclosed cargo trailer that I bought used last fall. It has a 6'6" interior height, aluminum floor, white drop ceiling, extra interior lights and aluminum wheels.

Besides its traditional use as a trailer, I also use it as a portable garage at our place in Adams County, Wisconsin. When parked and unhitched I put jack stands under the frame at the back.

As background, the p5 is too big to fit in our existing shed up north. I thought about building a new, larger shed, but this seemed to be the better solution. Two birds, one stone.

One picture shows my p5 pulling the trailer. I was re-positioning the trailer into a tight spot so decided to see how it would pull with the Pioneer. I was surprised that it pulled so easily.

I hope the pictures work. View attachment 15279 View attachment 15280 View attachment 15281
Very nice.

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500

Does it have brakes, and what does that one weigh? Looks like a perfect solution for me, but I only have a vehicle with 3500 lb towing capacity.

Thanks

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got a 8x16 rubber mat at Costco of all places.

6292B940 4E76 4EBD 8F2C 4881234D3771

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!