Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats @100Acre . I wasout and a out last night looking at new/new to me trucks last night. Having problems deciding on Ford or Chev/GMC right now.

Reactions: 100Acre and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you seen the f350 max tow? Rated for higher towing than the f450.
Have You seen the turning radius on a F-350 versus F-450, the 450 can turn 12' smaller diameter circles with 9" wider front wheel track. Plus I get a 150000 miles out of my commercial tires and wheels, F-350 can't touch that, or 20% better brakes.

If you are towing 6 weeks out of the year F350 is even overkill. If you are towing 15-18K daily, maneuvering in tight lots constantly for a living F450 is the way to go. All of them have great towing capabilities.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Damn! You could hit a Clydesdale with that thing...well, almost.
Could always get the Intimidator version
F143870544

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats @100Acre . I wasout and a out last night looking at new/new to me trucks last night. Having problems deciding on Ford or Chev/GMC right now.
When I was a district manager I had a lot of employees and they could pick ford/dodge/chevy. I got the monthly reports from the lease company with all the maintenance issues. By far Ford had the least of the 3. That is not to say they are perfect and never had an issue or never had a chevy or dodge got 150K miles without issue but overall Ford had much fewer issues and most of them went 150K miles without anything other than brakes and tires.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
When I was a district manager I had a lot of employees and they could pick ford/dodge/chevy. I got the monthly reports from the lease company with all the maintenance issues. By far Ford had the least of the 3. That is not to say they are perfect and never had an issue or never had a chevy or dodge got 150K miles without issue but overall Ford had much fewer issues and most of them went 150K miles without anything other than brakes and tires.
You can find examples of lemons and jewels among all the brands. I just bought a new truck this week, and I was looking at all the brands. It came down to who was willing to deal. I ended up with a Silverado.

I have 99 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 that I bought new. It truly is the most maintenance-free vehicle I've owned. Just made sure I did all the routine maintenance. After 162k miles, still has original brakes and rotors with plenty of wear left, and I regularly towed a 16 ft. stock trailer in its earlier years.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
You can find examples of lemons and jewels among all the brands. I just bought a new truck this week, and I was looking at all the brands. It came down to who was willing to deal. I ended up with a Silverado.

I have 99 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 that I bought new. It truly is the most maintenance-free vehicle I've owned. Just made sure I did all the routine maintenance. After 162k miles, still has original brakes and rotors with plenty of wear left, and I regularly towed a 16 ft. stock trailer in its earlier years.
I agree completely, my dad has a GMC/Chevy 2500 with a ton of miles and no real issues. Wasn't until I was a DM with a fleet of trucks that I had enough data points to distinguish between the 3. After 5 years running a lot of trucks of all 3 brands I had enough data to really see the difference and Ford had the least repairs warranty and non, followed by Chevy and then Dodge/Ram. That being said I would love to have a diesel 250/2500 version of any of the 3.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I agree completely, my dad has a GMC/Chevy 2500 with a ton of miles and no real issues. Wasn't until I was a DM with a fleet of trucks that I had enough data points to distinguish between the 3. After 5 years running a lot of trucks of all 3 brands I had enough data to really see the difference and Ford had the least repairs warranty and non, followed by Chevy and then Dodge/Ram. That being said I would love to have a diesel 250/2500 version of any of the 3.
Well, you would be in position to know. I have family members with Fords, and that's why I was really looking at them, but the local dealerships just wouldn't budge. I've always had good luck with Chevy and Jimmys, and besides, they're just pleasing to my eye!

Reactions: JACKAL
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have You seen the turning radius on a F-350 versus F-450, the 450 can turn 12' smaller diameter circles with 9" wider front wheel track. Plus I get a 150000 miles out of my commercial tires and wheels, F-350 can't touch that, or 20% better brakes.

If you are towing 6 weeks out of the year F350 is even overkill. If you are towing 15-18K daily, maneuvering in tight lots constantly for a living F450 is the way to go. All of them have great towing capabilities.
No I haven't. The new f350 is rated higher for towing that was my point. The 350 got updated gauges too. Where the 450 didn't which I thought was strange.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Me ole F150 was in its death throes hacking and a sputtering from only 7 of her 8 cylinders and Sandpoint Ferd wanted to continue to attempt to plunder my treasure chest so I says to meself " ''tis time fer a new galleon." So I raised her tattered sails and cast off for the southern shores of Ideho. We found this new bounty and booty galore!!! Me thinks she'll make a fine battle wagon. We just need a few new pirate flags and cannons to boot...maybe even a parrot er three...yo ho ho an' a bottle 'o rum.View attachment 52047View attachment 52048View attachment 52049View attachment 52050

What a ride! I suspect you just about ran that build sheet out of ink :) Super Duty nice truck.

Reactions: moparornocar
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

Try a Toyota Tundra, much better trucks. They've got a great chassis. AND they aren't Mexican built !

Reactions: Plumber32 and JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Me ole F150 was in its death throes hacking and a sputtering from only 7 of her 8 cylinders and Sandpoint Ferd wanted to continue to attempt to plunder my treasure chest so I says to meself " ''tis time fer a new galleon." So I raised her tattered sails and cast off for the southern shores of Ideho. We found this new bounty and booty galore!!! Me thinks she'll make a fine battle wagon. We just need a few new pirate flags and cannons to boot...maybe even a parrot er three...yo ho ho an' a bottle 'o rum.View attachment 52047View attachment 52048View attachment 52049View attachment 52050
Nice truck! Holy s**t these things are expensive!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!