P1000 New White 1000-5 owner!!!

M

MackyD

Apr 3, 2016
S.W Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a Deluxe White 1000-5 from Honda of Russellville 2 weeks ago. This machine is a beast compared to all of the other "utility" side by sides that I have ridden in the past. The ride is ultra smooth, it has more than enough power for what I am going to do with it. My wife and kids love it. I had the dealership install a hard roof and the OEM brush guard so if anyone needs the factory front bumper, hit me up, I will make you a deal on it. I have used this site for research to help me make the decision on either to get the 700-4 or the 1000-5. I knew the engine/trans on the 700-4 very well since I owned a rinny for 10 years. I was unsure of the engine/trans on the 1000-5. I have read of the clutch burning issues but I felt that as long as I used the Hi/Lo range properly I probably wouldn't have any problems, if I did, I would use the extended warranty and get it taken care of. I have already adjusted the door stops and applied electrical tape to all of the door latch loops. The only thing that I have regrets on is finding this site. Now I am going to have to spend more money on lights, stereo/speakers, most likely
I did have a small issue that I had the second day after bringing it home. My EPS light would flicker and my transmission would start to shift irratically while driving. I checked all of the usual things like stator output, grounds under the seat and grounds on the engine block(that I could reach without taking any of the plastic off. I drove 5 hours round trip back to the dealership and had their head tech look at it. After digging for about 5 minutes he came across a ground wire that was attached to the motor(in a place that cant be reached without taking panels off) that the threads on the block had stripped out. He installed a helicoil in the block and had me going again. He showed me pics of the bolt, the threads in the block and the ground wire that had signs of arcing on the terminal. He circled the stud with a blue paint marker so he/I could see where the problem had been before. I have been doing electrical work for 20 years and I knew it was a ground problem, I just wanted Honda to fix it. The dealer service was spot on.
I have been a Honda man for 21 years now. I still own a 1995 Honda TRX300 2wd, and just sold my 2005 Honda Rincon(member of rinconriders.com, username S.A Rinconrider). Both are great machines.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Excellent report, thanks for sharing.

Go Hogs!

Sent from my iPhone 10s

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@MackyD Welcome to the club! Congrats on the new P1K5D, don't worry about the accessories it is only money and that is the only way to cure you from H.A.D. To blow 6K quickly just follow my build :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!