P1000m3 Newbie Questions

G

GhostRiderInTheSky

Jan 16, 2020
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just been lurking here having fun dreaming about a new Pioneer. But the hard part is deciding which model to buy. Each one has its pluses and minuses. So here are the first two of probably many annoying questions. ha ha

1. YouTube videos from owners often describe the P500 as bullet proof with no maintenance problems. What has your personal experience been with the reliability of the P700 or P1000 or Talon? Just as reliable and bullet proof as the P500 or some issues?

2. Which of the P500, P700, P1000 or Talon models is most stable / least likely to tip over? There will be some 9 -14 year olds driving and I want the safest model. We don't plan on doing jumps or rock climbing, but there may be some steep slopes or sharp turns.

Thanks in advance for sharing your personal experience.

GhostRiderInTheSky

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just been lurking here having fun dreaming about a new Pioneer. But the hard part is deciding which model to buy. Each one has its pluses and minuses. So here are the first two of probably many annoying questions. ha ha

1. YouTube videos from owners often describe the P500 as bullet proof with no maintenance problems. What has your personal experience been with the reliability of the P700 or P1000 or Talon? Just as reliable and bullet proof as the P500 or some issues?

2. Which of the P500, P700, P1000 or Talon models is most stable / least likely to tip over? There will be some 9 -14 year olds driving and I want the safest model. We don't plan on doing jumps or rock climbing, but there may be some steep slopes or sharp turns.

GhostRiderInTheSky
Welcome from South FL!
Really depends on what the budget is and the type of riding you want to do.
Im pretty sure they are all just as reliable as the next, I have a P1k5 and its a great machine. If I had the $$$ to get a x4 talon I probably would have, but I cant justify that for a toy right now. That being said I think if you keep reading a bit about each model u'll find what u want.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

GhostRiderInTheSky
That’s a tough question, but given the fact that younger people will be driving from time to time and not wanting it to tip, I’d say go with the 700. The power is adequate but not over the top, it has a good stance and is a capable machine. I’ve had all three pioneers, the 1000 is the most capable of the pioneers but they are all great machines. Just my two cents.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

GhostRiderInTheSky

I have the 1000 5 I have almost 2000 miles on it and no problems.I have climbed some pretty steep hills and it done very good:)

Reactions: GhostRiderInTheSky
G

GhostRiderInTheSky

Jan 16, 2020
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That’s a tough question, but given the fact that younger people will be driving from time to time and not wanting it to tip, I’d say go with the 700. The power is adequate but not over the top, it has a good stance and is a capable machine. I’ve had all three pioneers, the 1000 is the most capable of the pioneers but they are all great machines. Just my two cents.
Russ989 do you know if the P700 has a speed governor? Or can one be installed? Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
advertisement
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

GhostRiderInTheSky
welcome to the club,these guys are ALWAYS willing to answer questions and help out. love my 2014 700-2 no problems in 4800 miles. it was farm use mostly.

G

GhostRiderInTheSky

Jan 16, 2020
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After doing some research, I've determined the P700 is the perfect size but the P1000 transmission is better. Will Honda let you mix and match like that? Please order me a 700 with the 1000 transmission and rear differential. ha ha So I can either wait around until Honda upgrades the P700 transmission to include turf mode, or can look for another brand / model that already has turf mode. Don't get me wrong, I've owned 7 Honda automobiles, 2 Honda motorcycles, 2 Honda generators and 1 Honda lawn mower. Never had a problem with any of them. My Grandkids will be grown and gone before long, so I need something now. Any other brand / model recommendations that have turf mode? Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After doing some research, I've determined the P700 is the perfect size but the P1000 transmission is better. Will Honda let you mix and match like that? Please order me a 700 with the 1000 transmission and rear differential. ha ha So I can either wait around until Honda upgrades the P700 transmission to include turf mode, or can look for another brand / model that already has turf mode. Don't get me wrong, I've owned 7 Honda automobiles, 2 Honda motorcycles, 2 Honda generators and 1 Honda lawn mower. Never had a problem with any of them. My Grandkids will be grown and gone before long, so I need something now. Any other brand / model recommendations that have turf mode? Thanks

Aren't grand kids the best thing ever...but damn expensive eh :D
I can't tell you how many changes in trailers, toy-haulers, ATV's, motorcycles, on & on to entertain or spend QUALITY time with those Grand-kids. And they didn't even ask LOL, I'd do it all over again in heart beat.

Get the 1000 5-seater, put spacers on the wheels, change the seat-belts to 5 point harness if you need, make them wear helmets, put a governor on it and enjoy everything it has to offer. They can get in just as much trouble with the 700, been there done that!
The 700 is not a bad choice by the way, just not as much horsepower and yes the 1000 has a way better transmission. The guys that have them in our group have always been able to keep up!

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When my grandchildren came to visit last summer I let them have my P-1000 and my Foreman to drive at will. The only restrictions were they had to wear helmets, ride on the edge of the fields behind the house and they had to stay within view of the house. In the 5 days that they were here they put 128 miles on the two rigs! Man do I love my Hondas!

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When my grandchildren came to visit last summer I let them have my P-1000 and my Foreman to drive at will. The only restrictions were they had to wear helmets, ride on the edge of the fields behind the house and they had to stay within view of the house. In the 5 days that they were here they put 128 miles on the two rigs! Man do I love my Hondas!

That's what I'm talking about!
I live to see them have fun.

Aren't grand kids the best.
I often tell my friends I absolutely loved raising our kids & watching them grow( helped raise them for the ladies reading this), but with that said I sometimes wish we could have skipped over them them and went straight to grand kids. :D

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I did the same with my niece who is 15. She was the oldest kid there so she drove the P1k non-stop for about 6 hours riding all the other kids around well into the night. I think she put a little over 100 miles on it that day!

G

GhostRiderInTheSky

Jan 16, 2020
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Aren't grand kids the best thing ever...but damn expensive eh :D
I can't tell you how many changes in trailers, toy-haulers, ATV's, motorcycles, on & on to entertain or spend QUALITY time with those Grand-kids. And they didn't even ask LOL, I'd do it all over again in heart beat.

Get the 1000 5-seater, put spacers on the wheels, change the seat-belts to 5 point harness if you need, make them wear helmets, put a governor on it and enjoy everything it has to offer. They can get in just as much trouble with the 700, been there done that!
The 700 is not a bad choice by the way, just not as much horsepower and yes the 1000 has a way better transmission. The guys that have them in our group have always been able to keep up!
Hey all Grandparents out there. Its good to hear from you as I thought there were mostly youngsters here! HondaRed16 can you tell me if the dealer can install the governor and 5 point harnesses? If not, where did you have it done?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!