P1000 Next on the list cage chop

Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking I’ve got most everything as I want now time for bc a cage chop with satv windshield and factory roof any suggestions in particular before I tackle it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really isn’t much to it. Not sure what welding ability is but make sure good amount of time, bevel both sides of the cut and I’d leave just a little space in between both to get good penetration to the sleeve, make sure to weld a couple plugs on both sides. You must’ve read enough somewhere to know roof will work and windshield will work with a little bit of treatment. Suspect you know to add length above front driver/passenger section.
Really pretty easy except center posts take a little bit. I personally leave the weld just a bit high around the cut while grinding to add strength in the weld, just make up for that with body filler. But that’s me.

Reactions: Remington
Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must of missed it somewhere to add the length in the top part how much do I add thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You don’t have to but everything is in a bind and would kinda have to be crammed together and held tightly with straps before weld. Personally like everything to be relaxed
This is because the posts aren’t at same angles. For 4.5 chop 1.25 added. Obviously you’ll have enough factory pipe you just need 2 additional longer sleeves. This’ll give you the right angle on the front posts.
DF48A5B6 A20B 4CF4 9640 60AF5E8F7F37

Last edited:
Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok
You don’t have to but everything is in a bind and would kinda have to be crammed together and held tightly with straps before weld. Personally like everything to be relaxed
This is because the posts aren’t at same angles. For 4.5 chop 1.25 added. Obviously you’ll have enough factory pipe you just need 2 additional longer sleeves. This’ll give you the right angle on the front posts.
View attachment 342603
that’ll be no problem thanks very much for the input I’m hoping to get started on it in the next week or so

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tyler6 :
following up on this: how did it turn out? and curious about the SATV shield/factory top interface. all work out?? Pics??

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!