P500 no box and no tires

S

Sledge

Well hell, I'm missing all the satire tonight. Guess I'm tired, left the Talladega race track at 9:00 this morning and just got in Hot Springs at 8:00 pushing 6 tons down the highway all day. You'll forgive my failure in that please sir.
I could have helped out with a smiley...:)

Joe

Reactions: Montecresto
Jason86

Jason86

Apr 26, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Went for a simple design. 1/4" aluminum plate. less motor noise in the cab after.it also comes in handy as a working platform.

Reactions: Lenny
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Went for a simple design. 1/4" aluminum plate. less motor noise in the cab after.it also comes in handy as a working platform.

View attachment 14697
Yep, everybody that rides in mine that don't themselves have a solid rear deck, comment on the reduced engine noise.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
On my 700 (same tires??) the stock tires performed well for me, just not for very long. Maybe 1000 miles had them looking pretty worn. My new tires have 2000 or so miles and still look great. So I guess what I'm saying is, no harm in wearing out the stockers but you'll find new tires to be a good upgrade over stock.

Reactions: Montecresto
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Does anyone besides me plan on just using the rack as is with no box? I bought it to trail ride and deer hunt. I think the rack will be fine to throw a deer on. i also put on several miles on muddy trails with the stock tires with no trouble. I'm keeping them too. Am I alone?
I have gone through one deer season and some trail riding. I still have stock tires and I have done nothing to the deck except placing 50' of rope strapped down with a couple of bungee cords. I would love to have some big horn 26"s but will wait till the stocks get worn down. I put a winch on it but have yet needed it to pull myself out.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have gone through one deer season and some trail riding. I still have stock tires and I have done nothing to the deck except placing 50' of rope strapped down with a couple of bungee cords. I would love to have some big horn 26"s but will wait till the stocks get worn down. I put a winch on it but have yet needed it to pull myself out.

Don't Jinks yourself Bro.....

Reactions: cthack
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Where I ride...there's always a stump....
big ass rock...or something to pull good tire up on...
jack is not in my Arsenal.....
& that would be to repair..no
spare...but have surgicialy done
some amazing patch & plug work...

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!