P1000 No Emergency Brake

K

Katyjo_

Jan 26, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have a possible strange question.
Say the engine and brakes give out & I'm on a steep hill.
What's the best and safest way to stop it and not go flying down the hill ??!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have a possible strange question.
Say the engine and brakes give out & I'm on a steep hill.
What's the best and safest way to stop it and not go flying down the hill ??!

I find this to be a very unlikely scenario. I'm not worried about it.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There is a lot of what if in life most will never happen the other you can't do any thing about it. Just ride it out just like life.

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I haven't completely given up on this scenario though. I like the side nets for keeping arms inside the machine. When trail riding we always wear helmets and goggles and we have upgraded to 4 point harnesses. My boys wear youth mx neck collars under their helmets and are strapped into their car seats.

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I guess I haven't completely given up on this scenario though. I like the side nets for keeping arms inside the machine. When trail riding we always wear helmets and goggles and we have upgraded to 4 point harnesses. My boys wear youth mx neck collars under their helmets and are strapped into their car seats.
The key is moderation on everything you do and life will go a lot better.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

unlikely but it happens my fault was I had arched A arms, on first inspection it looked like the brake lines had sufficient slack. But on full flex the line was pinched and tore a hole in the line. Of course this was on window maker going down it, probably one of the worst spots to have that happen. I can tell you, flip it on its side or ride it out are the only options. Shoving it in park doesn't do it either just FYI.

J

JTW

Yeah.. a linelock failure while going up hill and waiting to winch the rest of the way will pucker your azzhole too.. using the throttle to hold it in place will burn your clutches but it beats the alternative! Down hill.. first gear and good luck!

Reactions: Mudwing and TimG
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!