P500 No power or lights despite full battery

C

ChasinFin

Aug 14, 2019
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi there,

Recently bought a used 500 (2018) and it worked great all hunting season. It's been sitting for a few weeks and went to move it with out any juice. i thought my kids must have left the lights on or something and drained the battery however i went to charge it and its 100% full. So i thought perhaps a fuse busted but i checked under the passenger rear fender and all fuses were fine. What am i missing here.

When i had the battery charger hooked up and turned the key it would flash on the dash and make some clicking sound.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: rtn001 and Isaiah
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds like a dead cell battery, maybe from full discharge.. Mine would show full on charger, but failed on load test. Also, if its an AGM battery, a non-smart charger can do damage.

C

ChasinFin

Aug 14, 2019
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That seems like the only solution but just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything silly. probably not a bad idea to get a new battery anyway. i'll run a search on here and see what folks recommend.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That seems like the only solution but just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything silly. probably not a bad idea to get a new battery anyway. i'll run a search on here and see what folks recommend.
I went with OEM AGM Yuasa GYZ one. Was at dealer when they tested the old one.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I went with OEM AGM Yuasa GYZ one. Was at dealer when they tested the old one.

Agree on the Yuasa. I have a P500 and 3 Honda 4 wheelers, and have not have one fail. I replace them every 4 years just for peace of mind. 👍

Reactions: rtn001 and Isaiah
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Before you give up on that battery, clean the connections and also take the ground off the frame (to the right of the battery box) and clean it up good before re-assembly. These are common issues that can cause that sympton.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!