Noisy rear end

SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys. I have a 2019 pioneer 1000-5. Over the summer I noticed periodic clunking in the rear end. Actually it sounds more like a binding and giving. It happens almost constantly now. It happens woth the rear end locked or in turf mode. The dealer said there us a clutch plate back there that is sticking and making noise. Nothing to worry about. They did document metal filings in the rear diff fluid after a fluid Chang. Is this bull s***?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The dealer said there us a clutch plate back there that is sticking and making noise. Nothing to worry about. They did document metal filings in the rear diff fluid after a fluid Chang. Is this bull s***?
🤨 Thats all im gonna say about that.

You need someone to put your rig in drive and go forward slow and YOU will walk with the machine in the back rear where the noise is coming from. You will be able to pinpoint the noise. My initial thought is a rear axle or a linkage adjustment. Use the search, there is multiple threads with a vidgea link on how to do that.

Dont forget to report back here for others once u fix it and what u did.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's probably most likely that when you think you're in Turf mode, your rear diff is still locked because it's out of adjustment.

If that's the case, you should only notice it while turning, especially tight turns on hard surfaces. You'd feel wheel hop with the clunking.

Follow the vid they linked above.

SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the late response. I did adjust the linkage to the diff lock. Thanks for the link WagginTail! That took care of it. Pretty frustrating that the "honda dealer" couldn't fix this. You guys are priceless!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the late response. I did adjust the linkage to the diff lock. Thanks for the link WagginTail! That took care of it. Pretty frustrating that the "honda dealer" couldn't fix this. You guys are priceless!
Glad you got it figured out

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!