drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone else using "no ethanol" fuel in their Honda? I've been using it in all my toys for a long time. I happen to be lucky there is four stations within spitting distance of me that carry straight gas.... One even has high test!

Reactions: Hallboy88 and JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use it in all my carbureted power equipment. The Pioneer gets whatever is at the pump I pull up to lol. Fuel injected vehicles have the reinforced fuel line and isn't affected by the ethanol like the thin walled fuel line on carb'd stuff.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use it in all my carbureted power equipment. The Pioneer gets whatever is at the pump I pull up to lol. Fuel injected vehicles have the reinforced fuel line and isn't affected by the ethanol like the thin walled fuel line on carb'd stuff.
^^^^^ what he said.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So they say...lol, not taking any chances in mine

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put it in my truck, it cost more that the rig, I don't feel like I'm taking a chance. If it's a mower or something that is going to sit for a while I will usually use non ethanol because gas that has ethanol in it will seperate over time when not in use. The first time you go to start it up it's like running water through it if it sat with ethanol in it for several months.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Except for condensation like Sharp mentioned from sitting, I like ethanol. If E85 was readily available around here, I would've ran it in my turbo'd Neon. Could've ran more boost and pulled less timing. Stuff is hell on rubber though.

Reactions: sharp
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run 91 non-oxygenated in everything except my car and pickup. Best way to take care of any fuel system that doesn't get used everyday. Chainsaw, trimmer, leaf blower, push mower, riding mower/snow blower, boat, snowmobiles and Pioneer. When I do decide to run it in my truck, 2014 Chevy 6.2l I get noticeably better MPG as well.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have said in another post. I've paid over $2000 having someone clean carburetors (boats, lawnmowers etc...) because of ethanol and that doesn't count the ones I did myself. I won't put it in anything that doesn't get used daily.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I prefer the non-ethanol but don't like the price since I live next to a lake. They call it boat fuel around here and it's $.40 more per gallon. I've been driving to the next city south of us and buying 55 gallon drum of 93 octane corn free for a while now. That's what goes in everything except the automobiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and drfubar
D

Dasmoeturhead

I run the 100% gas . That's what they call non ethanol around here. It does cost probably 40 cents more, and I have to go 10 miles to fill my cans, but I'd rather do that than have something not start when needed.

Reactions: drfubar
advertisement
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I used to run it in all my small engines and atvs. But we no longer have it around here. Used to be able to get 91 octane still in non but they stopped doing that also. Closest pump to get no ethanol is 100 miles away.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used to run it in all my small engines and atvs. But we no longer have it around here. Used to be able to get 91 octane still in non but they stopped doing that also. Closest pump to get no ethanol is 100 miles away.

I don't know why there are so many places here in Dayton that have it but I'm grateful..lol

D

Dasmoeturhead

Lots of places carry the non ethanol gas here. I wonder if it because out here there are tons of utv's,atv's,dirt bikes,bots,and jet ski's. Not to mention the grass around here grows 3 inches a day, and mowing your yard around here is like a religion, so you want your mower to work.

Reactions: sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just had to rebuild the carb on my push mower... when I opened the bowl, it was full of little jelly balls... I had put some ethanol fuel in it prior to sitting over the winter, and so a rebuild was my reward. we have 100% gas at the end of my street, and it pisses me off when my tools and toys don't run right, so I'll be running 100% if possible. I'm not gonna obsess over it in the p1k, but I will run 100% when its available.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been trying to run it in everything I own other then my daily driver. I think it helps with the longevity of the fuel and everything seems to be running better with it. I'm getting tired of cleaning carbs filled with yellow goo every spring, so I'll see how it works. I don't remember if it was on here or another forum, but there is a website that says all the local station to get non ethanol fuel. Like everyone else I only have 1 station locally but I think they are getting to know me on a first name basis in there.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone that posted about having to clean their carbs after sitting all winter....get some Stabil fuel stabilizer. Mix in tank according to directions then run equipment long enough to get it in motor. It will start right up come spring I promise ya. Best stuff I've ever used.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I seriously doubt it'd work. You'd need to install bigger injectors and possibly a new fuel map.
I think you just came up with the next power mod. You could get 30-40% more power.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!