P700 Not enough power to turn the wheels

B

brettm1

Mar 14, 2017
iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I also just bought the 700-4 2017 and am not happy at all it is very very sluggish does not seem to have the power to spin the wheels with 2 small kids and my wife and I in it also the trails speed limit are 30 to 35 it has a hard time keeping 30 on blacktop roads I realize it's not a car nor built for speed but for being brand new under 300 miles I'm not very happy

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also just bought the 700-4 2017 and am not happy at all it is very very sluggish does not seem to have the power to spin the wheels with 2 small kids and my wife and I in it also the trails speed limit are 30 to 35 it has a hard time keeping 30 on blacktop roads I realize it's not a car nor built for speed but for being brand new under 300 miles I'm not very happy
First, Welcome! The 700's are little low on power, some friends of mine have a 16. But they are very capable trail machines and more maneuverable than a P1 in tight woods, I know.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Something is off if it can't keep 30 on blacktop.

Steep Hills? Big tires? If neither of those it might need to go back to dealer.

Reactions: Deluxe700
B

brettm1

Mar 14, 2017
iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Something is off if it can't keep 30 on blacktop.

Steep Hills? Big tires? If neither of those it might need to go back to dealer.
It is all stock I have taken it back they say it's fine I'm really considering trading it in on something else

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It is all stock I have taken it back they say it's fine I'm really considering trading it in on something else
I really like my P1, If you don't get the LE you will need to up grade shocks and get skids.

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I have a '16 700-4 and have no problem holding 40 mph with three other adults in it. Something ain't right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
P1 Review...
So for background I have a P700-4, started this post due to lack of power in a few scenarios (see signature for setup). Borrowed a buddies P1000-5 Deluxe, Front hard cab and doors (heavy) and soft around back, lift kit (not sure height), heater, 30" Silverbacks! Loaded up with weekends worth of hunting gear and 75lbs son. Put 140 miles of steep hills and deep mud through some of the nastiest terrain Alaska has to offer. First thing that surprised me was the tires would not spin on this one trip more times than has ever happened with my 700. I know its not meant for 30" Silverbacks, that being said I could go through anything and the times the tires bound up (yes even in low and not in diff lock and in reverse) I could always get it to go and get out with a little back and forth. That thing is a beast. Not a fan of the heavy cab, yes it kept me warm and dry in some very inclement weather, but the added weight and constant fogging when driving through water (constantly) is not worth it to me. In the end I am considering getting the P1000 someday. Would need shock upgrade as my 700 with fox is much better. For those wondering the Silverbacks were beasts but did rub on several occasions (Full hard turn slow, and hard bumps in front) so I would go with just a bit smaller size with the lift setup he had. On the other hand my 700 set up the way mine is, is a pretty impressive machine and am very happy with it for the most part, especially when you consider the cost difference....Whhooo... I'm out of breath after that.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Gator
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
P1 Review...
So for background I have a P700-4, started this post due to lack of power in a few scenarios (see signature for setup). Borrowed a buddies P1000-5 Deluxe, Front hard cab and doors (heavy) and soft around back, lift kit (not sure height), heater, 30" Silverbacks! Loaded up with weekends worth of hunting gear and 75lbs son. Put 140 miles of steep hills and deep mud through some of the nastiest terrain Alaska has to offer. First thing that surprised me was the tires would not spin on this one trip more times than has ever happened with my 700. I know its not meant for 30" Silverbacks, that being said I could go through anything and the times the tires bound up (yes even in low and not in diff lock and in reverse) I could always get it to go and get out with a little back and forth. That thing is a beast. Not a fan of the heavy cab, yes it kept me warm and dry in some very inclement weather, but the added weight and constant fogging when driving through water (constantly) is not worth it to me. In the end I am considering getting the P1000 someday. Would need shock upgrade as my 700 with fox is much better. For those wondering the Silverbacks were beasts but did rub on several occasions (Full hard turn slow, and hard bumps in front) so I would go with just a bit smaller size with the lift setup he had. On the other hand my 700 set up the way mine is, is a pretty impressive machine and am very happy with it for the most part, especially when you consider the cost difference....Whhooo... I'm out of breath after that.

Thanks for the review. I think moving up to the 1000 is something every 700 owner ponders at some point. It's good to have this unique perspective.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!