P1000 Not getting key on power

D

DewieCox

Jun 19, 2020
Illinois
Doing a KFI winch install and getting 0 voltage to the white-black tie in wire under the fuse block.

Curious if I may have overlooked a step or some kind of required add on.

Winch works wired direct to the battery and getting good readings at every point under the hood.

Reactions: TripleB
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
U check the obvious? Like ground, make sure the fuse is good, the correct wire to tap into, etc? The club store has a nice (key-on power) plug-n-play kit

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ohhh 💡, im not trying to b a smart a** but, did u turn the ignition on?? 🤣 u never know 🤷‍♂️

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Doing a KFI winch install and getting 0 voltage to the white-black tie in wire under the fuse block.

Curious if I may have overlooked a step or some kind of required add on.

Winch works wired direct to the battery and getting good readings at every point under the hood.
There is 2 different white and black wires. 1 is key on the other is not. I tapped the wrong 1 also. Find the other and u be good to go.

Reactions: JenElio
D

DewieCox

Jun 19, 2020
Illinois
Ohhh 💡, im not trying to b a smart a** but, did u turn the ignition on?? 🤣 u never know 🤷‍♂️
LOL, let’s just say I’m the type of “mechanic” that will take the time to pull off some super complex pain in the ass thing and then overlook something dead simple, then decide to completely undo all the work that was done well.

D

DewieCox

Jun 19, 2020
Illinois
K, went out for a fresh look this morning. When I flip the fuse panel over, I can see where they go/come out of both sides. Should I be going after the pair that’s more easily accessible when I flip it toward the left/air filter or the right/battery?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
K, went out for a fresh look this morning. When I flip the fuse panel over, I can see where they go/come out of both sides. Should I be going after the pair that’s more easily accessible when I flip it toward the left/air filter or the right/battery?
I can't remember. I'm at work or I would look. If u tapped 1 and u aint got key on, then tap the other 1.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If u have a test light, u can figure it out pretty quick.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im not in front of the machine either but they are both right next to each other. Like @TripleB. Mentioned, if it ain't one its the other. I believe the acc fuse is a 15 amp. If I remember correctly its about half way down the fuse box

D

DewieCox

Jun 19, 2020
Illinois
I’ve tapped both and I’m not getting voltage from either wire.
Not getting voltage when I put my multimeter up where they connect with the panel, though that’s just throwing stuff at the wall for my level of expertise.

Checked every fuse and all look good and replaced the 15a with a new one. Nothing.

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve tapped both and I’m not getting voltage from either wire.
Not getting voltage when I put my multimeter up where they connect with the panel, though that’s just throwing stuff at the wall for my level of expertise.

Checked every fuse and all look good and replaced the 15a with a new one. Nothing.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Screenshot 20200714 124959 Chrome

According to this, there is 6 wires.

Reactions: Hondasxs
D

DewieCox

Jun 19, 2020
Illinois
And....
What was the problem?
I was going at the wrong wire on the wrong side. Flipped the fuse panel to the opposite side initially and there were two appropriately colored wires plain as day.

Should’ve been obvious which side to go after from the pics in the big thread and the most basic of electrical knowledge but sometimes just too smart for my own good.

Saved me probably $100 and I’ll at least entertain a future stereo install.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!