Nut dropped into air intake

M

mjleblanc

Sep 23, 2019
Camas, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So in a move of utter brilliance, I was working on a few fitting and didn't plug the intake. Of course. I dropped a 10mm nut into the intake hose, and I heard the nut go to the bottom of the hose and land. I haven't started it, but I doubt it could get sucked up into the airbox, or ultimately damage anything, but I wanted to check with the experts here.

Recommendations?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So in a move of utter brilliance, I was working on a few fitting and didn't plug the intake. Of course. I dropped a 10mm nut into the intake hose, and I heard the nut go to the bottom of the hose and land. I haven't started it, but I doubt it could get sucked up into the airbox, or ultimately damage anything, but I wanted to check with the experts here.

Recommendations?
It should not be able to get past the filter, even if sucked that far.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
D

DDDonkey

I did the same thing with one of the plastic rivets, it ended up back on the shelf by the air intake. I doubt will get past the filter as it is bolted on but I would check back there if you start it.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Tie a piece of fishing line/string around one of these and drop it down in there:

I have one stuck to the side of my tool box that has been put to use many times over the years.

advertisement
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Recommendations?
Get yourself a neodymium magnet, if you get anywhere close to it, it will grab it

Reactions: Smitty335
GoTalon

GoTalon

Feb 7, 2020
Yuma, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just get one of those cheap telescopic magnets (harbor freight sells them)
I got one the other day and can’t believe how many times I have used it in the last couple weeks while wiring up front and i even used it when I dropped one of those metal sleeves that are on the filter bolts, it’s been a life saver!

Reactions: Smitty335
brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
and I of course dropped a lock washer from the terminal of the new 2nd battery. Its the Odyssey option, which I believe has stainless steel hardware. Don't think the magnet option will work for me!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!