DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm thinking this is more for 500 guys/gals (maybe 700's) since I don't know how large some of the sizes go, But Chaparral Motorsports now has a in-house line of tires called Ocelot, some of which are on sale.

Most of them are stuff you've seen before under other house brands like the Big Horn clones Journey p350. Here it's called the Ocelot p350R.."R" meaning radial, and I don't recall the Journey being one (maybe that has changed). That's a big deal for a cheap tire.

Some of them I have never seen before, and they are good looking (to me anyway)...like the Atacama...

748 A001 0005

...and others. They also have the OE 700 tire under the P341 name.

One more of note is the P3035. This is almost a dead ringer for the Maxxis Ceros, a tire that is very popular out west because it is tough and lasts forever ( I'm thinking @rocmar may run these? )...

748 P3035 0000

Of course, looking like a good quality tire isn't the same as being a good quality tire, but these are significantly cheaper. So much so that it might be worth taking a chance on them.

Ocelot Tires - Chaparral Motorsports

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm thinking this is more for 500 guys/gals (maybe 700's) since I don't know how large some of the sizes go, But Chaparral Motorsports now has a in-house line of tires called Ocelot, some of which are on sale.

Most of them are stuff you've seen before under other house brands like the Big Horn clones Journey p350. Here it's called the Ocelot p350R.."R" meaning radial, and I don't recall the Journey being one (maybe that has changed). That's a big deal for a cheap tire.

Some of them I have never seen before, and they are good looking (to me anyway)...like the Atacama...

View attachment 68338

...and others. They also have the OE 700 tire under the P341 name.

One more of note is the P3035. This is almost a dead ringer for the Maxxis Ceros, a tire that is very popular out west because it is tough and lasts forever ( I'm thinking @rocmar may run these? )...

View attachment 68339

Of course, looking like a good quality tire isn't the same as being a good quality tire, but these are significantly cheaper. So much so that it might be worth taking a chance on them.

Ocelot Tires - Chaparral Motorsports

You know. .how heavy they are..
Ceros great Desert tire. ..IMO
mud & snow. ..not so much