BOX1

P1000 OEM fabric half doors

S

springer9861

Oct 10, 2019
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered the oem Honda fabric half doors For my 2019 -1000-5 . Should be here sometime next week. Printed the installation instructions and have read them several times.I was just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom before I start in install. Dealer wants $180 to install them.
Really wanted the full hard doors but can’t spend the $2400 for them right now. Thanks for any/all advise.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered the oem Honda fabric half doors For my 2019 -1000-5 . Should be here sometime next week. Printed the installation instructions and have read them several times.I was just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom before I start in install. Dealer wants $180 to install them.
Really wanted the full hard doors but can’t spend the $2400 for them right now. Thanks for any/all advise.

Hopefully you got the 2nd revision uppers for the fronts.

take your time and measure a bunch and it should go good for you.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did get the gen 2 half doors. Why do you need a nutsert tool for the install?

It does a better job of pulling down the nutserts. If you follow the directions and use a light oil on the threads, the tool isn’t absolutely needed.

if you plan on using a nut sert for other things like skid plates, then a tool makes sense.

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had the soft doors. you will hate them. pain in the ass to constantly have to unzip them to open the door because the crappy strap they use to lift the handle constantly slips inside the door. Forget trying to trailer with them. I ended up having to put a snap on the nylon strip at the top of the door because every time I trailered it, the door blew out at the top. Two months ago, I took them off and threw them in the trash, literally. Bought the hard doors, well worth every penny and lost all the headaches with the horribly designed soft doors.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the soft doors. you will hate them. pain in the ass to constantly have to unzip them to open the door because the crappy strap they use to lift the handle constantly slips inside the door. Forget trying to trailer with them. I ended up having to put a snap on the nylon strip at the top of the door because every time I trailered it, the door blew out at the top. Two months ago, I took them off and threw them in the trash, literally. Bought the hard doors, well worth every penny and lost all the headaches with the horribly designed soft doors.

It says very clearly on the doors not to trailer them with them on.

If you must, just simply rolling down the side windows solves the problem.

I tow my rig with an enclosed trailer, as I got tired of cleaning the crud out of my previous Polaris Ranger on winter days of opening trailer pulling.

I periodically pull my Honda on a car trailer and I simply roll the windows up to relieve the air pressure in the cab.

I like the soft doors just fine for what they are. Easily removed in the summer so you aren’t a baked potato, but good enough to keep most of the wind out in the winter.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
When I trailered my P1000 with Gen 1 soft doors I ran a nylon ratchet strap over ROPS cage and down each side to secure the soft door tops.
I recently spent the money on hard doors and dont regret it a bit

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It says very clearly on the doors not to trailer them with them on.

If you must, just simply rolling down the side windows solves the problem.

I tow my rig with an enclosed trailer, as I got tired of cleaning the crud out of my previous Polaris Ranger on winter days of opening trailer pulling.

I periodically pull my Honda on a car trailer and I simply roll the windows up to relieve the air pressure in the cab.

I like the soft doors just fine for what they are. Easily removed in the summer so you aren’t a baked potato, but good enough to keep most of the wind out in the winter.

Thats a joke. So in winter with slush, mud and road grim all over the roads, your gonna unzip the window? Good luck with that. So if you do have these crappy doors, your supposed to remove them every time you trailer your rig? You really think this is the best Honda can do? Honda’s soft doors are an embarrassment to Honda. I didn’t buy a Honda to end up with junk like their soft doors.

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have Honda soft uppers... open trailer at 80mph on I75 in michigan, zip and tighten the retaining bolt NO PROBLEM. Zipper windows work great and like anything a little candle wax helps to keep the zipper operation smooth. Some of the best soft uppers in the business! I will admit the hard upper doors are a better idea but it sounds like some who have posted here are just disappointed and venting rather than providing a logical real response.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a joke. So in winter with slush, mud and road grim all over the roads, your gonna unzip the window? Good luck with that. So if you do have these crappy doors, your supposed to remove them every time you trailer your rig? You really think this is the best Honda can do? Honda’s soft doors are an embarrassment to Honda. I didn’t buy a Honda to end up with junk like their soft doors.

Every soft enclosure regardless of brand or SXS says the same thing.
After all they are made out of fabric and vinyl sheeting.

I pulled mine off my Polaris Ranger each time I hauled it as I couldn’t afford not to.

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
I've got them and really like them. Take your time and double check as you go along, easy install. I've trailered mine on a 7 hour trip at interstate speeds with no issues. Straps sound like a good idea, I'll put those on next time just to be safe.

S

springer9861

Oct 10, 2019
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the fabric doors. I really wanted the hard doors but can't swing the $2400 right now. I think the fabric will work OK for me for now. I don't trailer it very far when we hunt so I'm not concerned about that. Might do the strap around the doors just for my piece of mind when I do haul it. I did ask the dealer about trailering it with the fabric doors. The service tech I spoke to said -Honda says don't do it. He said off the record he knows several people that do it with no issues. Thanks everyone for you input...

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The gen 2 Honda soft doors open like a normal door I thought, just like my seizmik. I trailer mine At 75mph no issue would of thought the Honda doors would be fine as well, seizmik says to not exceed 65mph but they do just fine. I leave the windows up, no issue.

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I trailer my soft doors all the time and they are fine. I would guess there would be trouble trailering the first gen models with out the front frame support on the A piller. I don't worry about my front doors but I also have the rear doors and worry about them opening because they open upward. I put a bungee cord on the inside between the 2 doors to keep them from coming open. As far as the strap coming off the door latch, I did have trouble with it coming off also, but ended up putting a little screw through the J piece into the handle to keep them attached. They really do make a winter drive alot more enjoyable.

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Check out what this lady makes and let me know what you think. I've been thinking of getting some for my Talon

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out what this lady makes and let me know what you think. I've been thinking of getting some for my Talon

I just ordered a set from this place. They look super easy to take off and on, plus they have a great system for moving the rear window (for the full cab) to the middle so you can use the bed.

The cost for the full front and rear doors plus the rear window is about 2/3 the price of the honda soft doors.

I will be making a full video on this to go with my others.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!