P1000 OEM shock preload

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there any info out there on how much preload each step equalls on the KYB deluxe rear shocks?
Is the self levelling shock a better solution to manual adjustment?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
KYB deluxe shock??.........what yr P1K? The self leveling shocks have no adjustments

POIDH!!
The adjustable KYB shocks On The Deluxe.. . . .
"Is the self levelling shock a better solution to manual adjustment?" Is a Second question

NO PICS Don't have one yet......

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The adjustable KYB shocks On The Deluxe.. . . .
"Is the self levelling shock a better solution to manual adjustment?" Is a Second question

NO PICS Don't have one yet......
I can't speak to the '22 shocks as mine is a '19. I do have the self leveling rear shocks though. They have no adjustments what so ever, no pre-load, soft/hard settings. I would assume any adjustments if any would be better then none. I'm sure someone with whey more experience then I will chime in soon. Good luck 👍

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can't speak to the '22 shocks as mine is a '19. I do have the self leveling rear shocks though. They have no adjustments what so ever, no pre-load, soft/hard settings. I would assume any adjustments if any would be better then none. I'm sure someone with whey more experience then I will chime in soon. Good luc

I can't speak to the '22 shocks as mine is a '19. I do have the self leveling rear shocks though. They have no adjustments what so ever, no pre-load, soft/hard settings. I would assume any adjustments if any would be better then none. I'm sure someone with whey more experience then I will chime in soon. Good luck 👍
I'm curious as to which one is better adapted to repeated intermittent loads.

Reactions: Backwoods
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm curious as to which one is better adapted to repeated intermittent loads.
🤔....my guess would probably be a better shock with adjustments. My stock rear shocks have never really been that great in my opinion. Yeah they will hold some weight, and while I've never bottomed out on the trail it leaves room for improvement. I think there's a video floating around of the inner workings of the rear leveling shocks system used on a P1K. Not sure which thread though.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's not because I have no camera, It's because i have no Pioneer.
Workin to fix that. And the first, maybe second thing I will do is post a pic to prove it happened.
Just givin you sh!t cuz @JenElio aka Jennay asked you for pics. Kinda hard for someone not to have a Camera these days unless your from Reo Linda 😂 so that wasn't Why the Bartering was posted lol. It was quite obvious that you hadn’t got a machine yet 🥳
hope u get your machine soon tho so u can ride before summer is out! Would be a dam shame.
Also, can u confirm in some way that there is a KYB shock option Now? I know of the stockers (no pre load adjustment BTW on those) and the QS3 Fox upgrades.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just givin you sh!t cuz @JenElio aka Jennay asked you for pics. Kinda hard for someone not to have a Camera these days unless your from Reo Linda 😂 so that wasn't Why the Bartering was posted lol. It was quite obvious that you hadn’t got a machine yet 🥳
hope u get your machine soon tho so u can ride before summer is out! Would be a dam shame.
Also, can u confirm in some way that there is a KYB shock option Now? I know of the stockers (no pre load adjustment BTW on those) and the QS3 Fox upgrades.
I saw KYB non adjustable rear on base model and KYB adjustable preload on Deluxe P3, P5 gets auto leveling shocks

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Maybe Honda having a hard time sourcing Fox's so they switched to KYB's... 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I saw KYB non adjustable rear on base model and KYB adjustable preload on Deluxe P3, P5 gets auto leveling shocks
You mean P1K3 & P1K5 right, not P5?
So the P1K5 base gets the auto leveling. I had them on mine. There non adjustable and no preload. There not bad bit have a rougher ride for sure.

Reactions: trigger and JenElio
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Maybe Honda having a hard time sourcing Fox's so they switched to KYB's... 🤷‍♂️
Thats quite a degrade imo. Sounds like there like an Elka stage 1 style. Id like to see the brochure that shows them

Reactions: JenElio
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You mean P1K3 & P1K5 right, not P5?
So the P1K5 base gets the auto leveling. I had them on mine. There non adjustable and no preload. There not bad bit have a rougher ride for sure.
Yes P1K3 & P1K5. The 3 gets adjustable, the 5 gets auto leveling
Base no adjustment

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!