Talon OEM Genuine Honda Talon HMWPE Skid Glide Plate Frame Guard Set 0sk30-hl6-a00

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Wondering if anyone has the: OEM Genuine Honda Talon HMWPE Skid Glide Plate Frame Guard Set 0sk30-hl6-a00 for the Talon.

It is the ¼ thick upgraded skid plate. Found it for $285 so the price didn't seem bad but was wondering how it compares to some of the aftermarket ones. I know you can get ½ plates but they seem to average over $500 so this seems like a decent value. Also thinking Honda should have tested it so figure it shouldn't cause any issues (air slow problems, etc)

Any thoughts?

Reactions: TimG and BWAF
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looking like I may have to give it a shot and report back!

Reactions: TimG
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I looked at them but didn't like all the holes in them, our biggest issue UP here is large sticks & small rocks so I wanted something a bit more closed off. I ordered a full set of aluminum from Ricochet.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I noticed that also - guessing Honda put them there for a reason but not sure why - maybe cooling perhaps? More work to make it that way so it sort of baffles me

J

Jug

Nov 4, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put one on mine. But haven't taken it out on the trails yet. It seems decent for the price and more protection than the factory one. I'm not sure how I like the metal pieces that fill the gaps in two places. I can't say for sure, but it seems like the plastic it is made from is harder than the aftermarket one I have on my ranger. So I guess I will find out if it cracks easier. It does have a lot of holes, but they must be there for a reason. It's not hard to put on(my wife put most of it on). Just be careful with the screws and spacers. They strip pretty easy.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Great -thank you for the info!
I look forward to getting one and trying it out!
Happy Holidays!

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Could you tell me if they have anymore for that $285. If found it out of stock in a lot of places. That’s a good price!

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sorry but it has been about a year ago and was one of the online parts stores (don't recall with one) so I really have no idea. Just have to shop around and hope for the best. It is a tough time to find a lot of things... Good luck

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!