P1000 Oem glass windshield vs 801 glass windshield

P

p1005buyer

Feb 23, 2021
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just received my 2021 Honda pioneer 1000 5 after waititng 6 months for it and I'm told the glass windshield are on back order and don't know when they wil6be shipped out. So I was wondering is this 801 glass windshield with the vents that open on the bottom a comparable one and fit good with the oem roof or should I just wait till the oem windshield comes in? Or have any other glass windshield recommendations?

Screenshot 20210306 173751 Chrome

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you talked to the 801 shop owner ? Call them ask about fit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just received my 2021 Honda pioneer 1000 5 after waititng 6 months for it and I'm told the glass windshield are on back order and don't know when they wil6be shipped out. So I was wondering is this 801 glass windshield with the vents that open on the bottom a comparable one and fit good with the oem roof or should I just wait till the oem windshield comes in? Or have any other glass windshield recommendations?

View attachment 259110
Well if the picture you provided is anything to go by, that is the OEM roof in the photo with their windshield.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 801 windshield does not seal tightly against the roof of the OEM Honda roof. Here in Arizona it's great because there is a cool breeze blowing over the top of your head. if you're looking for a tight seal to stay warm, you'd have build some kind of a sealing surface with some weather stripping on in it to seal off the flow of air.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 801 is the way to go. The vents that open up on the bottom are a life saver in the summer. I couldn't imagine not having them. The company is awesome to work with. Send them an email with any questions and they'll answer. They have a cover they're working on for them and they are awesome. Use it in the winter for frost or it's thick enough to protect it when trailering. Here's the prototype they sent me. 100% would recommend them to anyone. 7f9dcabb63cb60f788ef94bdeaeac31b

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The protective cover is cheap insurance when open air trailering. I wish I’d have gotten it early on!

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 801 windshield. I like it. I take it off during the summer because of the dust here. I do like being able to let air in on the bottom. I have dual wiper motors attached and it is sturdy enough for them. I chopped my top 4" and still had enough material to remove on the top of the 801 aluminum frame and retain my wipers with no other mods to the glass or bottom vent section. I do not have the factory roof. I have the tusk aluminum but have switched it out for one like alien shade to cut down on dust and noise

20191129 093050

P

p1005buyer

Feb 23, 2021
ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 801 windshield. I like it. I take it off during the summer because of the dust here. I do like being able to let air in on the bottom. I have dual wiper motors attached and it is sturdy enough for them. I chopped my top 4" and still had enough material to remove on the top of the 801 aluminum frame and retain my wipers with no other mods to the glass or bottom vent section. I do not have the factory roof. I have the tusk aluminum but have switched it out for one like alien shade to cut down on dust and noise

View attachment 259348
I think I'm going to go the 801 windshield. Where did u get the wipers from. Next step is I love in Ontario Canada and they don't ship to Canada. I'm on a boarder town and we usaly ship stuff to Sault MI. And go across and pick it up but the dam boarders are closed. Hopefully this local hotshot delivery will be able to help me out.

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I'm going to go the 801 windshield. Where did u get the wipers from. Next step is I love in Ontario Canada and they don't ship to Canada. I'm on a boarder town and we usaly ship stuff to Sault MI. And go across and pick it up but the dam boarders are closed. Hopefully this local hotshot delivery will be able to help me out.
Wiper motors and arms are from
Just have to wire in 2 relays so they will park correctly. Good luck getting it over to you

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That looks pretty darn nice. I'm still looking for a windshield and don't really want poly. I checked out their web site, which has some good pics, but not much info, maybe someone can add a bit:
- Does it seal decent top and bottom? I have the factory top.
- It looks like a few hose clamp style connectors. is it pretty easy to take on/off. (ya, I know its glass and gonna be heavy)
- I see that 1 wiper is $40. What do you recommend? Getting at least one?

Oh ya, it's glass...how do they ship?

Last edited:
advertisement
DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have factory glass windshield. Wish it had VENTS on the bottom. But it don't. I also have the "factory wipers". Would the 801 windshield be accepted to the factory wipers?

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks pretty darn nice. I'm still looking for a windshield and don't really want poly. I checked out their web site, which has some good pics, but not much info, maybe someone can add a bit:
- Does it seal decent top and bottom? I have the factory top.
- It looks like a few hose clamp style connectors. is it pretty easy to take on/off. (ya, I know its glass and gonna be heavy)
- I see that 1 wiper is $40. What do you recommend? Getting at least one?

Oh ya, it's glass...how do they ship?
I think it seals decent enough.

It is quick on and off. It takes me a bit longer because of the wipers and washers but 10 minutes or so either way with mine.

As far as wipers go I like my setup. It was expensive to do the dual motors with the Pantagraph style arms but I feel like it covers the most area.

I didn't order mine so not sure how they ship. I bought mine at the dealer that I purchased my machine from.

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have factory glass windshield. Wish it had VENTS on the bottom. But it don't. I also have the "factory wipers". Would the 801 windshield be accepted to the factory wipers?
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to make the factory wiper work on it but I could not say 100% on the mounting location of the motor vs how long the arm is on the factory one.

I actually cut a 1/4 piece of peg board the size of my windshield and drilled holes in that for the motors as a practice piece until I got it in the right location for the sweep and arm length adjustments. Then I used it as a pattern on top of the windshield to mark holes and drill. Worked great

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!