Hi just wondering if this will work like a sealed snorkel in water mud?thx

Reactions: TxDoc
Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Anybody? I bought thinking it would serve 2 purposes. Dry and mud/water crossings.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Yes if it extends the air intake higher than the stock and gets it out of the wheel well then it will do what you are asking. The particle separator is sealed past the filtration part.

B

Broncbob

Jul 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
If other normal waterproofing steps are taken, yes. Obviously you’ll have to ensure the system is water tight, as it’s not intended to be employed on a watercraft, it’s intended to be used on land.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for the replies. I have installed all extended vent lines for diffs, sub trans, gas tank, and cooling fan. Obviously the particular filter. What else is needed? Florida is tough to go off-roading with out coming across water that is sometimes deeper then expected.thx

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Thanks for the replies. I have installed all extended vent lines for diffs, sub trans, gas tank, and cooling fan. Obviously the particular filter. What else is needed? Florida is tough to go off-roading with out coming across water that is sometimes deeper then expected.thx
You should be good to go. I haven't extended anything up on mine and I have been above my seats in water and pushing enough of a wall of water that it was coming through the windshield in a river crossing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!