Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Why? There are several places in Silverton to buy it over the counter. We have always stopped at the Red Mountain Inn for ours. Other places have them also.
Oh I know that, but it’s easier to me to order it setting on the sofa and then it’s on my ride when I head out not to concern myself with it again. 🤣🤣

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Received an email from Silver Lakes today stating that they will be reducing refundable cancellations from 60 days to 30 days out to “help people in uncertain times”.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Received an email from Silver Lakes today stating that they will be reducing refundable cancellations from 60 days to 30 days out to “help people in uncertain times”.

I'm hoping that the situation will abate enough to allow movement by then. I've got a substantial amount of money down on the condo we're staying at in Silverton. But, they've got a very lenient cancellation policy anyway. It is privately owned and we secured it through VRBO. Nonetheless, if I should need to cancel, I'd seriously consider donating at least part of my reservation money to the owner if I thought it warranted. I just feel like everyone is going to need a hand up, and should be willing to GIVE a hand as their ability allows, after the smoke clears from this. We'll see what happens.

Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I'm hoping that the situation will abate enough to allow movement by then. I've got a substantial amount of money down on the condo we're staying at in Silverton. But, they've got a very lenient cancellation policy anyway. It is privately owned and we secured it through VRBO. Nonetheless, if I should need to cancel, I'd seriously consider donating at least part of my reservation money to the owner if I thought it warranted. I just feel like everyone is going to need a hand up, and should be willing to GIVE a hand as their ability allows, after the smoke clears from this. We'll see what happens.

Steve
That’s generous Steve....👍

indeed let us hope that the dust has settled by then so that we can get together and enjoy this ride....✌️

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this is what they sent me

As a member of a group planning to arrive during this 2020 summer season, we would like to extend an updated cancellation policy to you. Instead of needing to cancel 60-days prior to your arrival date, we will lower it to 30-days prior to arrival. If we have not heard from you by then, your card on-file will be charged for the entire visit and will be non-refundable. You will receive a 35-day before arrival courtesy email reminding you of your last day to cancel.

Although we want you will be able to come and enjoy Silverton, we hope this change from 60 to 30 days before arrival to cancel will assist your planning during this time of uncertainty.

Silverton Lakes RV Resort

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
this is what they sent me

As a member of a group planning to arrive during this 2020 summer season, we would like to extend an updated cancellation policy to you. Instead of needing to cancel 60-days prior to your arrival date, we will lower it to 30-days prior to arrival. If we have not heard from you by then, your card on-file will be charged for the entire visit and will be non-refundable. You will receive a 35-day before arrival courtesy email reminding you of your last day to cancel.

Although we want you will be able to come and enjoy Silverton, we hope this change from 60 to 30 days before arrival to cancel will assist your planning during this time of uncertainty.

Silverton Lakes RV Resort
Yep, that’s what I received...

Herbie

Herbie

Jul 26, 2019
Richmond, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How is trip and trail planning coming along? I know everything is still up in the air at this time, but needing to get prepared. I still do not have a communication radio yet, and I know it was discussed early on, but do we have any more information as to types and frequencies being used. Even though I dont have a HAM license yet, if we will be on licensed frequencies, I could still get a radio to listen on, and in case of emergency could use it.

Tom

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is the official (per Montecresto's instructions) ride planner for the 2020 Silverton ride.
Can the club staff add a RSVP and whatever else is needed to the post?
Ride date will be 8/31 - 9/4 2020 (Monday to Friday).

[RSVP=19516]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

ByronM - 2 - Toy Hauler and a 700
giboshi - 2 - have Honda 500
hoghead76 - 2 - Bringing RV
JACKAL - 2
Montecresto - 2 - Will be in RV
orangecrate - 2 - Should be in the toybox
Smitty335 - 1 - I'm a bum
stellarpod - 2
Wallace - 2
wrwtexan - 8 - 6+2

Total: 25
How do I RSVP?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get tired of RSVP for these things and then something comes up..... and I cancel.... so.... I am planning on being there....
but not committing yet.... I guess I have commitment problems ......
^^^DITTO^^^

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get tired of RSVP for these things and then something comes up..... and I cancel.... so.... I am planning on being there....
Or needs to be committed 😁😁😁
you about ready to go check out cross bar

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Come on, Pilgrim! Make the commitment. We need more OKC representation. ;)

Carla and I are still planning to be there, still have our condo reserved in Silverton.

Steve

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We went to crossbar one afternoon on our way home from lake Murray..... a couple of hours of that rockpile was about all I needed to know it is not my favorite .......
have you been there yet.??
went to mulberry this weekend.... had i great time... but I think the ticks are about to hatch.... Arkansas may be done till fall..
need to get one more trip to wolfpen in this spring I guess....

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
We went to crossbar one afternoon on our way home from lake Murray..... a couple of hours of that rockpile was about all I needed to know it is not my favorite .......
have you been there yet.??
went to mulberry this weekend.... had i great time... but I think the ticks are about to hatch.... Arkansas may be done till fall..
need to get one more trip to wolfpen in this spring I guess....

We've been to Crossbar several times. There are areas there that are fun, but, as you said, it's pretty rough and rocky. Been to Little Sahara a few times too, but sand isn't really my game. Never been to Mulberry. Honestly, these offroad parks really aren't what I'm looking for. I'd rather be in the mountains in Colorado or New Mexico running passes and driving fire roads.

Steve

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!