P500 Oil Change O-rings

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I've done two oil changes and gone through two of the big o-rings. I tore the first o-ring during my first filter re-install. When I took off the filter cover for the second change, I found the o-ring had been pinched the whole time. Thankfully, I bought both o-rings the last time I was at the dealer. I still have the little one on the shelf. The reason for my post... keep both o-rings on hand. You're welcome. :)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I should have done that myself to make sure it already wasn't mentioned!
If this issue caught one member off guard then it's worth bringing to light again.
Most of us will not even buy the o-ring even if it is recommended. Then we will be stuck with no ride waiting on parts. Better just order it and keep on hand.
Thanks.

Reactions: rocmar and Talen
Rcfire

Rcfire

May 9, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a new honda haven't change my oil yet, the kit i bought didn't come with the 3 orings has everything else. I have a separate o ring kit cant I just use my kit for the o rings

D

Deleted member 3748

You only need to change the orings if you damage them. The next time you're at the dealer, you may want to buy them. They're cheap and you know they're the right size.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I purchased two of each right after I bought my machine. Three oil changes, and so far I haven't had to use them. Definitely good to have them on hand!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I lost mine after an oil change. Dealer didn't have any and said they could get one in 5 days,I said no thanks and by the time I got it from Rocky moutain it was like $7 with shipping. :( then I saw bunches at a hardwear store but didn't want to take the chance it was the wrong size.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I lost mine after an oil change. Dealer didn't have any and said they could get one in 5 days,I said no thanks and by the time I got it from Rocky moutain it was like $7 with shipping. :( then I saw bunches at a hardwear store but didn't want to take the chance it was the wrong size.
I haven't bought any because I'd be more apt to lose the spares. :):(

Reactions: CraigO and twodog
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I messed up the large o-ring when I did my first oil change. Ordered a few spares when ordering more filters. That pretty much guaranteed the next two oil changes would go flawless, as they did. Now that I said that, the next one will leak. ;)

L

Leah

Oct 2, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Where can I buy an oil change kit that has everything I need, including O-rings?

H

HondaTech

Part number for the P500 O-Ring: 91302-KF0-003

Size 54mm x 2.4mm

Any dealer worth their salt should have these in stock, we swap them with every oil filter change.

Retails for $3.02

I keep the 1 for my dirtbike on hand at all times, just in case. I've been riding stuff and had its start leaking where before it wasnt. Sometimes a pinch doesnt show up right away.

Reactions: 500oneer
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Part number for the P500 O-Ring: 91302-KF0-003

Size 54mm x 2.4mm

Any dealer worth their salt should have these in stock, we swap them with every oil filter change.

Retails for $3.02

I keep the 1 for my dirtbike on hand at all times, just in case. I've been riding stuff and had its start leaking where before it wasnt. Sometimes a pinch doesnt show up right away.

I've done 5 oil changes now and never had to replace but my 6th is coming soon so i should change them plus the washer..
Do you have the part number for the small tiny one ,hidden in the engine block..Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!