P1000m5 Oil leak?

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry to bump a two year old post but this was the only one I could find with the same issue I am having. I didn't see the OP reply back with his results and it appears he bought a Talon. I have what appears to be the same muddy oil sticking to the same spot - which at first I thought was the Oil Cooler leaking. Right now the mud is frozen so I am going to wait until this weekend when it is suppose to be above freezing to clean her up to get a better look. Dipstick show no noticeable oil loss or oil residue. Drain plugs are clean and tight. Oil filter covers look free from oil. What does that screw go to that he gave a half turn in the photo on post #17? Sounds like that did the trick. I'll check that screw out tomorrow - just trying to get any other suggestions before I get to the machine. Thanks!

Post #17 photo that I copy and pasted from Dragon21 oil leak. That's the right side of the oil cooler in the top right of the photo which was my first suspect before I saw this post.

Reactions: TripleB
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've learned that this is the transmission emergency valve and I will not be tightening, but I will inspect. I still have not determined this is where the fluid is coming from, just this is in the same area as the muddy oil is on my machine. WHat causes fluid to come from here? The machine is running flawlessly. Research continues.

Sorry to bump a two year old post but this was the only one I could find with the same issue I am having. I didn't see the OP reply back with his results and it appears he bought a Talon. I have what appears to be the same muddy oil sticking to the same spot - which at first I thought was the Oil Cooler leaking. Right now the mud is frozen so I am going to wait until this weekend when it is suppose to be above freezing to clean her up to get a better look. Dipstick show no noticeable oil loss or oil residue. Drain plugs are clean and tight. Oil filter covers look free from oil. What does that screw go to that he gave a half turn in the photo on post #17? Sounds like that did the trick. I'll check that screw out tomorrow - just trying to get any other suggestions before I get to the machine. Thanks!

Post #17 photo that I copy and pasted from Dragon21 oil leak. That's the right side of the oil cooler in the top right of the photo which was my first suspect before I saw this post.
View attachment 243893

Reactions: TripleB
kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once i get the air filter back assembled tonight ill run it and check it. I checked it cold and it was higher than the top line. Will check the DCT level as well once i can run it.

DCT Oil level... how do you check that? Thought there was only one dipstick for the engine/dct since they share the same oil and one dipstick on the Sub-trans. Where's the DCT level indicator?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!