Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Started smelling burnt oil a year ago, it would come and go and progressively got worse. Bad O ring on the starter was leaking oil.
IMG 3456

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So.. You get it replaced?f nowhere
Yep good to go, to Tackett Creek! This guy is good $ 75.00 an hour verses $ 130.00 at the Honda dealer ship. Out in the middle of nowhere, takes me 10 minutes longer to get it to his shop than the dealership, lot's better drive than through town, all he does is work on SxS"s. Guess I almost live in the middle of no where, I love it!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well the soga goes on, while at the TO had to add oil on a ride, had oil all over the back of the engine and was idling at 2,200-2,800 RPM and the engine light comes on, oil level is fine. the high idle RPM has been coming and going for over a year now. Now at home I can't get it to duplicate the oil leak? Honda and I are fixing to separate ways, I have 4,000 miles on mine?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well the soga goes on, while at the TO had to add oil on a ride, had oil all over the back of the engine and was idling at 2,200-2,800 RPM and the engine light comes on, oil level is fine. the high idle RPM has been coming and going for over a year now. Now at home I can't get it to duplicate the oil leak? Honda and I are fixing to separate ways, I have 4,000 miles on mine?
You need a turbo s.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're interested in chasing down that oil leak, fluorescent dye can be useful. It's made for tracking leaks in various fluids, with a version for motor oil sold at auto parts places. The oil fluoresces under UV light, a good UV LED flashlight works well for that, (as well as looking for scorpions etc).

To use, add the dye to oil, run the engine for just a few minutes and check with UV light (checking in the dark is best) If no sign of leakage, run it longer and check again. Detecting the leak early will help pinpoint the source . . . checking after a ride will have the oil spread over a wider area and make it difficult or impossible to tell exactly where it's coming from.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you're interested in chasing down that oil leak, fluorescent dye can be useful. It's made for tracking leaks in various fluids, with a version for motor oil sold at auto parts places. The oil fluoresces under UV light, a good UV LED flashlight works well for that, (as well as looking for scorpions etc).

To use, add the dye to oil, run the engine for just a few minutes and check with UV light (checking in the dark is best) If no sign of leakage, run it longer and check again. Detecting the leak early will help pinpoint the source . . . checking after a ride will have the oil spread over a wider area and make it difficult or impossible to tell exactly where it's coming from.
Thank you! Didn't know about that.

Reactions: Mudwing and Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!