P1000 Oil pressure light issue

IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Jan 6, 2024
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK Duke, makes sense to me. On the 72-85 PSI spec, the Dealer told me he had waited on hold for 1.5 hrs to have Honda tell him that was a Minimum! He said Honda wouldn't tell him a normal or max figure! The machine they were testing was running 105 PSI & Honda did tell him that was good. Apparently, it's no wonder your Dealer doesn't know what PSI should be at idle. I can say, your 10w-30 PSI is comparable to mine.

IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Jan 6, 2024
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
CORRECTION! In my 1st post above, I wrote the engine and Dual Clutch Tranny (DCT) oil pressure were different. They are not. The DCT oil system is 1-in-the-same with the engine. The DCT is not really a tranny in the normal way we think of of. It is exclusively a clutch system. The gears of the tranny are exclusively in the Sub Tranny. So if you are changing your oil in both the engine and sub tranny, when refilling, don't get confused. You may want to think, when you refill the engine you are also filling the tranny and then forget to refill the Sub Tranny. Ask me how I know this can happen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!