Oil Recommendations

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I done the first engine oil and filter change at 100 miles with Honda GN4 dino oil. I also changed the DCT filter. I would like to swap to synthetic at the next oil change. My plans are to swap to synthetic in the engine, transfer case, and both differentials. I realize that I will need something that is wet clutch compatible for the engine. Does anyone have any experience doing this to their Pioneer and what brand/viscosity did you use? Results? Thanks

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't answer your question, but eventually will be going all synthetic too. But, I'd be planning to wait a bit longer. Like maybe 1500 miles or so.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't answer your question, but eventually will be going all synthetic too. But, I'd be planning to wait a bit longer. Like maybe 1500 miles or so.
Nah, the rings should be seated, which is my only concern. I guess I will do a little more research. I used Amsoil in my last wet clutch and never had a problem. Might go that route?

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
just YFI and take it for what it is worth. I talked to a dealer yesterday about what oil to use in the engine / transmission on the Talon. he said that they were having shifting issues with the african twin bike a while back. This was in auto mode and there had not been any problems in manual. He said the dealership had been using 10/40 instead of 10/30 Honda oil. Talking to Honda, they went back to 10/30 and the shifting issues went away. Again, take it for what its worth. Not trying to start an oil war. I had planned to go to amsoil 10/40 but think i will wait a while so have a base line on shifting.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mobil 1 4T synthetic is my flavor of choice, when I do my first change.
Diffs will also be Mobil 1 full synthetic. 75-140
I changed mine last week using the engine oil of your choice! I used Amsoil in Diffs. The engine and transmission shifts way better and runs a lot quieter.

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I changed my engine oil as well as front/rear drives with Mobil 1 synthetic oils. I wasn't sure if I was just getting used to the Talon or it was actually shifting better and running quieter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!