P700m4 Oil

Patterson2

Patterson2

Jan 31, 2017
Cambridge Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is it bad if I put in 4.1 qts of oil instead of 3.1 qts, because with all the pasture riding and having a snow removal buisness I am always on hills so I thought it might be a little bit better for it. I just want to hear everyones opinion.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You don't want to run too much oil it will hurt seals and put too much pressure on them. Also the oil will foam up and stay in places where it normally would cool down some. Making it heat up more.Others will chime in as well.drain out some to get to where you need to be on the dipstick.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
The foaming up of the oil is the issue. With hydraulics, air is an issue. Most guys might run 1/4 quart over, but 1 full quart over is too much.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been running a full 4 quarts except for the little bit I spill because it over flows a little when filling it up. I have a little over 3000 on mine with no problems of seal leakage or anything. I am about to change it so I will probably go down to 3.5 just for the ease of starting in the cold this winter. A honda mechanic recommended running a little extra oil, for your situation with climbing hills and such. Just my 2 cents.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do 3.5 quarts when I change mine. Puts it to the very top of the "full" line

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!