P500 Ooooh, heated steeering wheel? Anyone have one?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice find I like it. Looks cozy too!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is tops on my list after I get a windshield and finish sorting out the prior owners wrongs..

UTV Heated Steering Wheels
Pricey, like all our accessories. Might make mama mad as we're riding along while I have a warm place for my hands and she doesn't. But I'm really wondering about the practicality of it. If it's cold enough for my hands to need that, I would already have gloves on. Would I realize any benefit from the heated wheel through my gloves?? This is one of those things that may be very cool, but I'll let others ferrit it out first and see what the consensus is.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think it'd be better for people without a windshield. That would keep the windchill off your hands. Anytime I'm using the quad even with gloves you're hands freeze without warmers on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
For those interested in this, and concerned that it wouldn't be effective with gloves - purchase a pair of modern snowmobiling gloves. They have less or very little insulation on the palms, so the heat will go through (heated grips are pretty much standard equipment on sleds). :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
If they are at all like ATV handwarmers, you will feel the heat even through a good pair of winter gloves...I know I always did on an ATV and, specially with a windshield, I don't know why you wouldn't feel the heat. I myself think they should make a steering wheel "wrap" or cover like they do for cars...just with the element...should be ALOT cheaper then

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
If they are at all like ATV handwarmers, you will feel the heat even through a good pair of winter gloves...I know I always did on an ATV and, specially with a windshield, I don't know why you wouldn't feel the heat. I myself think they should make a steering wheel "wrap" or cover like they do for cars...just with the element...should be ALOT cheaper then
Yeah - I was expecting this to be a wrap but this is the real deal.
I'd like to have it - but its not at the top of my list. It Would definitely help in my climate. I don't tend to put gloves on unless I really need them so this would make the need for glove less often.

advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Pricey, like all our accessories. Might make mama mad as we're riding along while I have a warm place for my hands and she doesn't. But I'm really wondering about the practicality of it. If it's cold enough for my hands to need that, I would already have gloves on. Would I realize any benefit from the heated wheel through my gloves?? This is one of those things that may be very cool, but I'll let others ferrit it out first and see what the consensus is.
Everyone needs to read the fine print on these and make sure they are not made by Polaris as they may catch fire.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Everyone needs to read the fine print on these and make sure they are not made by Polaris as they may catch fire.
Haha you big kidder. My Polaris has never caught fire. And as you know this isn't made by Polaris. In fact, Honda and Polaris, like Ford and Chevrolet are more or less assemblers, not so much manufactures.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Haha you big kidder. My Polaris has never caught fire. And as you know this isn't made by Polaris. In fact, Honda and Polaris, like Ford and Chevrolet are more or less assemblers, not so much manufactures.
That is all true Monte but applying that logic it would goof up my joke about Polaris.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That is all true Monte but applying that logic it would goof up my joke about Polaris.
OK, I'll let it be then. :)

Reactions: ehart814
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
If it makes the difference between letting it sit in the garage, vs getting out on your P500, it is probably worth it. :)

For our winter riding, the full windshield and top kept the wind off my hands that decent gloves were fine. The backdraft on our necks and swirling in the cabin was more of an issue. I recently added the Honda rear panel and that has helped allot on the 30mph dirt roads.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
No not yet! Do you ever watch atvtv.com on YouTube? He installed it on it Rzr 900 Trail project. He also has a p500 project. Worth zipping him a message! I need to get a more things sorted before I add this.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No not yet! Do you ever watch atvtv.com on YouTube? He installed it on it Rzr 900 Trail project. He also has a p500 project. Worth zipping him a message! I need to get a more things sorted before I add this.

No, but I did watch the install video that you posted in the op, once you get past the $300.00 ticket it looks like an easy mod, like eating a donut. The kind without a hole.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!