P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also select any number of track segments in that left nav panel by holding down your CNTRL button while selecting them individually. Then go to the top menu -> Track -> Merge. It will create a new track set named GPS*** and you'll note that it has an asterisk next to it. Rename and save it.

Be sure to look it over, though. This method can sometimes create funky routes by trying to tie their ends together.

The better way is to build a gpx file for each "type" of trail you want to keep. As I've mentioned before, I keep the groomed snowmobile trails in one file, and the motorcycle trails in another.

Whenever I need to add/edit/delete trails from that set, I edit the group file.

This allows me to turn on/off entire sets of trails depending on what I want to see. Plus, I can color code them differently so I can quickly see what kind of route each line is.

Last edited:
messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you @P1K5Dave for putting this together. I'm new at all of this, and trying to figure out my Nav solution, so definitely will be looking into this with all these detailed instructions and information. Great info!

Reactions: CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you @P1K5Dave for putting this together. I'm new at all of this, and trying to figure out my Nav solution, so definitely will be looking into this with all these detailed instructions and information. Great info!
Thanks - if you get rolling on it and have questions, come back and let me know what you're trying to do.

There's still some details on building your custom tracks list that I haven't really gone into. If anyone gets that far, let me know!

Reactions: messex

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!