Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bout like me, until the last 2 years, most the stuff I have is USED and OLD. Everybody ain't made out of money, but still like to have some enjoyment. Even now, most of my stuff was bought used. Since 1976 have have bought TWO NEW vehicles (not referring to toys). All the rest have been used.
Except for only a couple of the many bikes for the kids we’ve bought 3/4 of our toys new. Including bikes we’re up to 13 new. Always made sure the whole family had something. At one time we had 3 extra bikes for kids that came up. Still have lots of extra room.
Now on cars our idea of a new rig is usually 20yrs old. Can’t afford both and we love to play so that’s the way. Actually don’t mind it because cost of ownership is down.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Except for only a couple of the many bikes for the kids we’ve bought 3/4 of our toys new. Including bikes we’re up to 13 new. Always made sure the whole family had something. At one time we had 3 extra bikes for kids that came up. Still have lots of extra room.
Now on cars our idea of a new rig is usually 20yrs old. Can’t afford both and we love to play so that’s the way. Actually don’t mind it because cost of ownership is down.
Well it sounds like you got your priorities right.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bout like me, until the last 2 years, most the stuff I have is USED and OLD. Everybody ain't made out of money, but still like to have some enjoyment. Even now, most of my stuff was bought used. Since 1976 have have bought TWO NEW vehicles (not referring to toys). All the rest have been used.

Well it sounds like you got your priorities right.

Yeah, it IS all about priorities. I was 50 yrs old before I STARTED building a new home, but I chose to send my kids to a private school to keep them out of our crappy public schools here.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So this is a 1985 trizinger I bought new for my son for his 3rd birthday. I still have it. Him, his wife, my 5 year old grand daughter, and my 3 year old grandson are visiting for Easter. The rear axle is broke but I think I have a fix for it. I hope to have it ready to go when they get here.

IMG 0104

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, it IS all about priorities. I was 50 yrs old before I STARTED building a new home, but I chose to send my kids to a private school to keep them out of our crappy public schools here.
That was a very good priority!! A lot of diligence to do that

Reactions: sharp and Russ989
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So this is a 1985 trizinger I bought new for my son for his 3rd birthday. I still have it. Him, his wife, my 5 year old grand daughter, and my 3 year old grandson are visiting for Easter. The rear axle is broke but I think I have a fix for it. I hope to have it ready to go when they get here.

View attachment 110629
Omg that’s cool. You still have it, what a great memory that’ll be!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 110629
Looks like it has been take well care of.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Some of us oversized adult rode it and eventually the axle broke. I had it at the Charlotte night race to ride around the parking lot as we tailgated all day ( it was a night race ) and that's when the axle broke.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds kinda like me: A poor guy participating in a well funded guys sport.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds kinda like me: A poor guy participating in a well funded guys sport.
That’s a bad way to put it but can be true. It’s an expensive sport and becoming limited to the wealthy. Better then drugs or gambling right?

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry OP really got off track on that one. My bad!

Reactions: sharp and DG Rider
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a bad way to put it but can be true. It’s an expensive sport and becoming limited to the wealthy. Better then drugs or gambling right?
I like seeing the wealthy yuppies destroy a 15k rig...you can’t fix stupid. They need to keep playing golf imo.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya but they have the money to drop it off at the dealer every week. We got to go home and figure out how to fix it. That’s why most on this site either know how to work on these or will shortly. Also why we buy Honda. Or Yami for that matter.
I agree, my point was that they want to do everything we do and need to stay home and watch tv, these people are helpless when they break down on the trail. I work for a guy on the side who is pretty loaded and he has to tie reflective markers on the path so his son can find the deer stand...pitiful.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!