Over heating

H

Hollerboy36

Apr 19, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 700 4 is over heating and the fan is not coming on. What do I need to do? I’ve clean all the mud out of the Radiator and tries to check for air bubbles in it too.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 700 4 is over heating and the fan is not coming on. What do I need to do? I’ve clean all the mud out of the Radiator and tries to check for air bubbles in it too.
Check the fuses. There is one for the fan.

If it proves to be good, check for power to the fan. The issue there is to make sure the computer has turned the fan on. You can run the machine until it's getting hot (3 bars on the gauge should do it)...just be careful not to let it get too hot.
Or...probably the easiest was is to simply unplug the coolant temp sensor. With it unplugged, the fan will run as long as the key is on.
Ideally, you like to check the voltage with the fan plugged in, but if you don't have the proper probing tool, just checking at the connection with a test light or volt meter will do.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!