Multi P1000-3 vs P-10005

W

Woodsrocket818

Aug 25, 2021
United States
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys, wife and I are at a crossroad. We were pretty much set on a base P1000-5, until she saw the P1000-3 Deluxe in blue which she really likes. Both are within a few hundred in price so that isn't a factor. It is just her and I, but we have 1 (soon to be 2) Boxers that will be passengers. We obviously don't need a 5 seater but I guess I'm curious if anyone bought one or the other and wished the would have went with the other. Also I'm taking into consideration is the fact that one is Deluxe and the other is base, a few extra goodies never hurts. Would be fairly easy to fab up a rear cage for netting so dog's can ride in the bed (or being a 3 seater 1 up front). I know there is no correct answer for this but I figured someone had been here and would like to hear what they did.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
As far a resell, the 5 is more appealing. And starting with a base model means that you can upgrade whatever you want without feeling like you are replacing parts that are already paid for in the original price (wheel for example). The factory roof and nets is also a good place to start for the dogs.

For reference I had a 1000-5 deluxe then upgraded some of the “factory deluxe upgrades” eventually.

B0e6ef82beed04c24159b8009d86585c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Woodsrocket818

Aug 25, 2021
United States
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As far a resell, the 5 is more appealing. And starting with a base model means that you can upgrade whatever you want without feeling like you are replacing parts that are already paid for in the original price (wheel for example). The factory roof and nets is also a good place to start for the dogs.

For reference I had a 1000-5 deluxe then upgraded some of the “factory deluxe upgrades” eventually.

View attachment 291853

Pretty sure if Honda still offered the P1000-5 in that blue that would be the ticket! I really think the color is all she likes anyway. Agree with you on the factory nets, nice touch for the dogs.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's always nice to have the extra seats in case you EVER want to share the experience of riding with ANYONE. Whether that be family, friends, or just someone you want to give an experience to. My biggest joy in riding is being able to share it. That's why I have so many machines. It's just my wife and I but we ride with friends, family, co-workers, other church members, and just about everyone. It's why we have a 5 seater. It's why we have 3 Polaris machines just so we have access to automatic shifting for those that don't understand a manual. In total we have 5 4 wheelers, the pioneer 5 seater, a trailbike, 2 dirt bikes currently as projects and I have plans on one more automatic 4 wheeler to complete our collection. The one time you want to share the experience with another person it is more than worth it to have extra seats.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure if Honda still offered the P1000-5 in that blue that would be the ticket! I really think the color is all she likes anyway. Agree with you on the factory nets, nice touch for the dogs.
Technically you can always swap out plastic panels for whatever color you want, or go with a vinyl wrap.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
It's always nice to have the extra seats in case you EVER want to share the experience of riding with ANYONE. Whether that be family, friends, or just someone you want to give an experience to. My biggest joy in riding is being able to share it. That's why I have so many machines. It's just my wife and I but we ride with friends, family, co-workers, other church members, and just about everyone. It's why we have a 5 seater. It's why we have 3 Polaris machines just so we have access to automatic shifting for those that don't understand a manual. In total we have 5 4 wheelers, the pioneer 5 seater, a trailbike, 2 dirt bikes currently as projects and I have plans on one more automatic 4 wheeler to complete our collection. The one time you want to share the experience with another person it is more than worth it to have extra seats.

I also agree with the extra seats. You get a couple of these to improve the comfort in the back and your passengers will thank you.

X2O USCG Type IV Approved Adult Throwable Emergency Boat Cushion PE Foam with Polyester Covered Floatation Device with Two Grab Handles, Blue Amazon.com : X2O USCG Type IV Approved Adult Throwable Emergency Boat Cushion PE Foam with Polyester Covered Floatation Device with Two Grab Handles, Blue : Sports & Outdoors

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

I’m also considering getting something else for guests and when my wife wants to tag along. Maybe a 4 wheeler or another small SxS. I sold the Pioneer for a Talon due to their lack of interest but they feel “left out” when I do ride so I’d like to try and keep it family oriented and still have my 2 seat fun when it’s just me. Df125ffd28c80aa37e7d4bafc0b755eb

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey guys, wife and I are at a crossroad. We were pretty much set on a base P1000-5, until she saw the P1000-3 Deluxe in blue which she really likes. Both are within a few hundred in price so that isn't a factor. It is just her and I, but we have 1 (soon to be 2) Boxers that will be passengers. We obviously don't need a 5 seater but I guess I'm curious if anyone bought one or the other and wished the would have went with the other. Also I'm taking into consideration is the fact that one is Deluxe and the other is base, a few extra goodies never hurts. Would be fairly easy to fab up a rear cage for netting so dog's can ride in the bed (or being a 3 seater 1 up front). I know there is no correct answer for this but I figured someone had been here and would like to hear what they did.
I couldn’t decide and got both….😊

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Happy wife a happy life

advertisement
R

rickoshea

i ride alone 99.9% of the time,but i have the 1000-5 rear seats when the grandkids are up visiting.they always want to go for a ride in my "tractor thingy" 🤣

Reactions: Robobrainiac
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I had to think about this before replying. I already had a P500 which we both like but it's my shooting cart. My wife saw a blue PK-3 and bought it to replace our old Polaris Ranger. I had checked with my friends who have the PK5. One said to forget the 5 and go with the 3 as he feels the back seats are useless. The other said the 5 was the way to go because of the roof and thus shade available. We have 2 bird dogs that go with us everywhere. We use to let them ride on the front seat but have broken them of that habit due to being dangerous. They ride in the back and I have improvised a strap for each side of the bed that runs from high on the roll cage down to the end of the bed adjacent to the tail gate. This has proven to be ideal when they look out the sides. Most of the time, the vizsla lays down on the bed looking over the sides. The GSP , my co-pilot, stands in the back looking out over the seat. So, I don't have a PK5 but I assure you we are quite pleased with the PK-3 deluxe.

s/f Steve

(ps: My previous 2 Rangers, 2 Teryxxs, and my current P500 were / are camouflage :^)

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have both and wish I would've gotten two 5 seaters now. I like having a top over anything I'm hauling. Especially for dogs, the 5 seater is the way to go. I laid mine on its side once with my dog in the back and the nets saved him from getting thrown out. Get a soft bed for the dogs. Get a ramp if they have trouble getting in.

W

Woodsrocket818

Aug 25, 2021
United States
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Happy wife a h
I have both and wish I would've gotten two 5 seaters now. I like having a top over anything I'm hauling. Especially for dogs, the 5 seater is the way to go. I laid mine on its side once with my dog in the back and the nets saved him from getting thrown out. Get a soft bed for the dogs. Get a ramp if they have trouble getting in.

View attachment 291860View attachment 291862
This is exactly what I envisioned. Giant dog bed in the back. Thank you for the pics!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 291860View attachment 291862
I also have the honda bed extender so I can haul a cooler with passengers/dogs.

Reactions: Mudwing
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I bought a P1000-3 base because that's what was available but I wanted a 3 seater. I don't think I would have bought one then if only the 5 seaters had been available. I added hard top, 2 pc windshield, fabric upper doors, and hard rear panel, all Honda accessories. Also added 14" LE wheels, Tensor tires, and Honda mirrors x 3. I'm old, wife doesn't want to go, and kids are long gone so it's only me and a small mutt that ride. The P1000-3 is perfect for my needs.

I wouldn't change a thing if I was ordering again today. I like the mini-pickup look and dump fed function. If I still had big dogs (had German Shepherds for years) they would ride in the bed.

I've never cared for the awkward look of the external tubing surrounding the P1000-5.

For a young family with kids, a P1000-5 is the only way to go.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It definitely won't win a beauty contest. I've never cared about looks, just function. Except for myself, I'm beautiful and I function like a stud.

Ha - my Polaris buddy calls my P1k5 a refrigerator rolling down the trails. I smile and roll with it. Function over form...

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love my 3. My boxer rides comfortably in the front between me and the wife. In her younger days I saw her jump through the window of my lifted Tacoma. She’s ten now and the bed would be a difficult jump for her to make without a ramp.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!